Whos waiting for the next MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Senator, Nov 17, 2008.

1. The Senator macrumors regular

The Senator

Ok the title is totally bs I'm so tired of people writing about how they're waiting for the next mbp that is gonna be so much better then the one out now. STOP!!! its never gonna happen get over it! You Freakin Neckbeard wolfshirt's!!! leave your basement!!! This post is really about the last 4 months. My 1ST GEN MBP's airport stopped working 4 months ago, I was completely stumped. I didn't know what was wrong, some days it worked most days it didn't. I tried everything. I researched couldn't find anything I plugged in a usb dongle (could never get that to work) took the whole computer apart cleaned the card (very carefully) still didn't work. I then came to the conclusion that the card was failing. So today my new card finally arrived and now my computer works great again. I have the first ever macbook pro 1.83 ghz and it is the best computer I've ever used or owned. I never cried to apple once and the buzzing or overheating (which eventually went away with updates) because above it all I couldn't think of a better computer at the time or ever. It still does everything I need it to do (video editing, photoshop, counterstrike, get chicks) at 2 and half years old. So to all you naysayers out there GET A LIFE and get off our forum detracting from people who actually need help with their macs.

Thank you Apple
    The Senator

2. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

lol good for you dude. I have only had my MBP since feb release (first mac) and feel physically ill when i contemplate using a PC again. Mac's are the best computers around and will be forever. I don't get people who wait for the next release when a new one has just been released.... I mean apple are pretty into regular updates so it isn't an issue of "if i buy it now it will be outdated soon" because the pretty much describes every mac. But what is "outdated"? Like you just said, yours is 2 and a half years old, is several generations back, and still does what you want. Just because a new one is released doesn't mean your old one suddenly gets slow.