Who's waiting in line on Launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beezy253, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Does anyone recall what time they start handing out tickets to people waiting in line?

Apple Stores here in WA are opening at 8am for launch day, So i'm thinking they'll start handing out tickets around 6?

Trying to decide if I should go, since I finally decided I was going to upgrade, instead of waiting for the 7.

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

If your Apple store is in a mall or strip mall,you should check with them for the policy to line up. The apple store here is in the mall and will not allow anyone to line up on mall property until 7AM. They did that last year to it was a mess.

3. Beezy253 thread starter macrumors 6502

Finally got some info from my local Mall/Apple Store about the Launch.

People can begin lining up outside the Mall starting at 6am. (Tacoma, WA)

Apple will start making Reservations for people in line @ 8am.

I hope by Reservations, they mean checking ID's/Documenting people who are purchasing phones, so scalpers won't hop back in line after their first purchase, and buy up all the inventory.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I will be standing in a rather short line at my local UPS hub office. :)

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

6. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I haven't waited on line since the 3GS days. I think people nowadays are like.......
    [​IMG]

7. starbryte macrumors newbie

starbryte

The Trumbull Connecticut Apple Store is at a mall.
    There will be two lines one for verified pre-order people and the other line for people showing up hoping to get lucky. The mall security will not allow you to go to the front door until around 530/5:45 AM. Then Apple will come out and go down the line and if your phone is available you will get a time to come pick it up.
    People start milling around a few hours before but all they do is drive in circles because the security guards will chase you away. Maybe there somewhere over there I can hide? God this is going to be chaos. I'm dreading it but I want the Rosegold plus and I don't know if my AT&T store – in the same mall – will even have one. Rumor has it the rose gold plus in any size is not available.

8. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

**** that. I may drop by later in the morning, though. I'm not going to go out of my way to get one. I have an October order.