Who's Watching Pushing Daisies? (Television)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cleverboy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    This show is hilarious!

PUSHING DAISIES
    My friend and I are watching this show, wondering if they can keep up the quality. As a Harry Potter fan, I love that the show is narrator by Jim Dale, who narrates all the Harry Potter books. Chi McBride is hilarious in this. From what I've heard, the director has directed 6 episodes, and everyone who watches the show is on pins and needles that it might be cancelled.

After laughing my ass off tonight, I went to the website, which is a really really well done interactive activity done in Flash.

PROMO WEBSITE
    http://www.plantadaisy.com/
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/pushingdaisies/index

The website asks:
    If you could bring someone back to life for 60 seconds,
    who would it be? --And what would you ask?

I found myself putting in a fairly personal answer on the flower petal, before watching it blow away into a field of other answers, pictured quite cleverly as daisies.

I also found the comics on their website well-done.
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/pushingdaisies/index?pn=comic

Excellent series! Anyone else watching this?

Reviews:
    ~ CB

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Just watched the show I am happy that abc has their shows online for free so its nice if I miss it sometime.

3. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

I wished this show was on iTunes... I really do. I'd get the season, easily... but I guess its in a weird place right now, anxiously watching numbers for where the AXE will fall.

~ CB

4. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

It looked pretty odd, but I've heard good things. Perhaps I should give it a shot.

5. jasylonian macrumors regular

i absolutely adore this show. i think it's one of the most creative shows to hit the air in a while. i'd be pretty sad if it somehow flopped, but then again, a lot of shows that i watch have flopped (joan of arcadia, ed, etc...).

6. mpr131 macrumors member

I've caught only the first ten minutes of this show the past two weeks and I swear it was the same first ten minutes on both episodes. Does it always start the same way??? Maybe I need to invest more time in it...

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I watched the first episode and I thought I liked it, but by time I got 40 minutes in I had to change the channel, just couldn't get into it.

8. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

this show suits my quirky nature...i like it..could be my favorite show after LOST

9. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

They always start ofo with a recap kind of thing so people know what the show is about. I think its there just because its new and after a while they should get rid of the it, hopefully.

10. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I watched the first episode. ...Very strange indeed.

Very weird how some things are perfectly modern and some scenes portray a more expressionistic and gothic era. ...similar to the visual motifs in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Although, I've missed several episodes since the pilot, and don't really have the incentive to tune again.

11. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

The pilot (Pie-lette), last episode (Dummy), and this nights episode makes three... three episodes... ah, ah, ah... (My super bad impression of The Count). To each their own though. Personally, I don't think I'll ever quite get around to seeing "Caveman".

~ CB

12. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The only thing I would do is give the second touch to the childhood girlfriend (whiney, self-centered little entitlement queen), and definitely make nice with the pie shop assistant. I love pixies!

13. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I would have compared the feeling with a Roald Dahl children's story more than the Lemony Snicket series, but I see your point.

We missed this week's episode (but will catch up thanks to ABC's well done online viewing option), but have been trying to watch it. I think that while the overall story arc may make things a little confusing, the episodes are self-contained enough that you wouldn't do too bad just picking it up again. It really is a good show - this and Chuck are the only new shows that the wife and I are sticking with this season.

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I saw it for the first time last night (well, I saw part of it last night). But I saw enough to know that I want to go back and watch the earlier episodes.

Sadly, this seems like the kind of show that is destined to be cancelled. :(

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I can't catch the show....everytime its on I'm working or I forget...oh well it looks interesting.

Bless

16. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Abc has some of their shows online. So if you want you could check the OP for the links

17. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

All the links are in my original post, if anyone wants to click 'em.

~ CB

18. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

This show is still firing on all cylinders! This has got to be the first show I've run into that has me entirely unable to predict what they'll do next... yet each episode is self-enclosed, while also being part of a large "story arc".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pushing_Daisies

Episode 6 will be airing in two weeks, and seems like it will be a scandolous one. I can't imagine it ending well (and very appropriately named I think...).

~ CB

19. Sayewhat macrumors member

I would watch it on ABC.com, but when I go there, it tells me that I'm not in the US, so I can't watch, even though I'm sitting here in North Carolina.:(

20. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Hey, I just noticed Pushing Daisies got picked up for a full season!
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3id739a8fbebc200018628e482d29cb24e

It's still gotta be the best show on television. No other show has me laugh out loud as often at its rapier wit or sit back utterly fascinated with every second of its gorgeous cinematography. Ellen Greene, who played "Audrey" in Lil Shop of Horrors sang an excellent rendition of "Morning has Broken" in the 11/21 show "Smell of Success". I don't even like shows with singing (not that it happens often in this one), though that episode of "Scrubs" was utterly hilarious.

The character Olive Snook (played by Kristin Chenoweth) is hammering away at my senses though. As a character whose love is being constantly shunned, you could almost sware she'd transform into an ogre at some point, but she remains this beaming ray of sunshine. There's a conversation she has with Ned (played by Lee Pace) a few episodes back, where she turns around at the door and says with a smile that lights up the whole room, "I just want you to be happy!" I dunno, but even though she wasn't talking to me her delivery just made me feel happy to be alive (which kind of scares me to think what she could hypnotize me into in person).

Oh yeah... and she's just hot as HELL! :eek:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A TV Squad article commented that fans of the show must be eating her up by the amount of screen-time she got in the latest episode. The fact that I didn't notice this probably says something about how seamless things are going.

I'm a little frightened of myself when I watch this show though. A 3 o'clock in the morning, when I laugh out loud and slam my desk repeatedly with the flat of my hand, methinks the little old lady living one floor up is wondering if I'm some kind of mad scientist or something.

If this show doesn't win an Emmy, there's just no justice in the world.

~ CB

21. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

I wasn't impressed with the tv spots for this show so I never watched it until my sister asked if I had ever watched it and said she thought I would like the main female character. I did watch part of the latest episode and like it enough to download the pie-lette. I ended up watching episodes 1-7 in a couple days. I enjoy the show a lot and hope it doesn't get canceled

22. cazlar macrumors 6502

I'm also enjoying it. I just noticed that wikipedia says that the 9th episode may be the last of the season due to the strike. That's a shame, I hope it either continues if the strike ends soon, or comes back once it is over. :(

23. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Crap, that's right... I keep forgetting that a mid-season pickup means nothing with the strike going on, and all of that waiting for Lost will likely be repaid with half a season and a choice selection cross words.

Le Sigh.

~ CB

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I finally caught the show and I really like it. I dig the narrators voice and the dead girl...nice fashion sense the show has.

Bless

25. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

This show is Tim Burton-esque but girly. Maybe a little
    too girly. And some of the episodes come off the same.
    But, my wife and I will continue to watch. This is one
    of the better new shows on TV.