Whose 3G S is STILL in China?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hoopyfitz, Jun 18, 2009.

1. hoopyfitz macrumors member

first, i didnt put this in the tracking thread, because there are way to many posts there to see what is going on.

I ordered the 10th, so it was guaranteed here tomorrow.

here is my tracking info:

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    CHEK LAP KOK,
    HK 06/18/2009 1:22 P.M. IMPORT SCAN
    SHENZHEN,
    CN 06/18/2009 12:50 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    SHENZHEN,
    CN 06/17/2009 11:19 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    CN 06/17/2009 4:37 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 06/18/2009 8:05 P.M. ET

after talking to a UPS supervisor, they ASSURED me that my phone will still be here tomorrow even though its still in Hong Kong.

I wonder if they just missed a scan? Anyone else still have phones in China that should be here tomorrow?

2. Khabbi macrumors member

hmm, mine still shows it's stuck in Alaska... but I will say I've seen UPS show something that was far out all of a sudden go to my home city and "out for delivery" before, so I have faith that it will show up...

If it doesn't, I'm going to be very pissed....

3. iphonematt Guest

Mine must me in the same shipment as yoirs. Mine still shows my iPhone in Hong Kong. I hope it gets here tomorrow!

4. hoopyfitz thread starter macrumors member

yep, mines in HK. i bet we are the same shipping palate. UPS assured me it would come tomorrow. hope so!

5. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I ordered on the 10th as well and my latest (and first) update from FedEx is.... Jun 18, 2009 9:00 AM: Shipment information sent to FedEx

It shows that it hasn't even been picked up yet! Now granted, I also don't know where it's shipping from or if this information just hasn't been updated but yes, I'm getting a little nervous.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Mine is still in Hong Kong. I'm hoping they just don't have time to update everything in the computer.

7. Nickday89 macrumors regular

there's 24 hours in a day. overnight shipping doesnt mean it will be there during the DAY time. just before 12:00AM the next morning. just sayin';)
    but kidding aside, you'll get it between 9:00 and 6:00. That's the average UPS time around here at least.

8. thecellar macrumors regular

i wouldnt go by the tracking info, mine updates a day behind ..mine was in ankorage , alaska at 1:50 yesterday...and it didnt update it until this afternoon.

9. matt550 macrumors 6502

Mine is. Due to poor planning on my part I got caught up in the excitement of ordering the phone, and forgot I have to work tomorrow. So I wont be home from 6am-2:45pm. Guess what time UPS will come? If was off work all day they would come at 6pm. and leaving it on the doorstep is not an option, I live in a townhouse. Oh well, I hope they come after 2:45pm

10. hckynck20 macrumors newbie

Looks like our phones are shipping buddies because I have the same tracking information, i hope it was just someone being lazy and not scanning packages.

11. odyssey924 macrumors regular

My phone is showing very similar tracking information, plus an "on time" delivery of June 22nd.

Pretty frustrating considering that I ordered my phone on the 8th. I certainly hope the UPS officials you guys have talked to know what they're talking about...

12. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

God i hope this is right. Im in Hong KOng too. with 19th delivery!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. odyssey924 macrumors regular

Found a thread in Apple's discussion forums that has some good information. Particularly this post...

Here's a link to that thread
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9657354

14. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

That thread will make me sleep easy tonight. Im getting up at 7:30. NO chance i will miss it.

15. odyssey924 macrumors regular

I just had a thought...

It seems that everyone else is just now getting their "Import Scan" in KY, and we got our "Import Scan" in Hong Kong. Is it possible that our shipments are going direct to our area rather than going to the world hub in KY? It would make sense if that was the case according to when the Import Scans were done.

Far fetched, but I still have some hope.

16. astrobanana macrumors regular

same here
    i will be uneasy for the rest of until i revive overall together regardless, iphone

17. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I'm getting worried. I got my tracking number this morning, and still no update. :(

The only possible way for me to get it is to hope that it is already somehow in the US. Which I doubt. I'll be calling in the morning asking for them to try and waive all the fees and what not.

Attached Files:

18. ryanvalle macrumors member

19. schreck macrumors regular

This is interesting. For some reason, my 3GS was shipped from Pennsylvania via FedEx. Anyone else with the same situation? I'm surprised that I was lucky enough to get one out of a stock located within the US, as I placed my order 14 June.

20. hoopyfitz thread starter macrumors member

Well, i have the SAME EXACT tracking info as you. mine was also "import" scanned at 1:22, so our are on the same palate. Hopefully they just arent updating the tracking info...where are you located?

21. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I had a shipment that was stuck in Singapore the day before, next day got it around noon.

The package was flown from Singapore to LAX, where it was then thrown on a plane to Baltimore. UPS probably has arrangements with a few commercial air carriesr to deliver the packages to airports where UPS will pick it up, take it to the local sorting center, and deliver it.