Whose guilty? Party at apple on launch day!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AlvinNguyen, Mar 7, 2012.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Step 1: Preorder iPad

Step 2: Receive iPad

Step 3: Go to starbucks, grab a coffee and walk over to see craziness at Apple at any time from 9AM to 9PM on launch day :D

It's tempting - I've stood in line for iphone launches before and it's exciting minus the 6-7 hours wait.

I think I'll just get my iPad on launch day (fedex/ups usually comes to my place at 10-11AM) and take a trip to the apple store and see the excitement :D Thank you for the pre-order option this time around Apple!

2. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Better yet, scalp it to the people at the end of the line after the store announces that there aren't enough to go around (or just to catch people who don't want to wait hours).

3. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I like your thinking. Are you my long lost brother separated at birth? :)

Tom

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

But why? The point of preordering is for the privilege of not having to walk inside a mall. What you are suggesting is like winning the #1 draft on your fantasy baseball team and picking the worst possible player just to see the reaction on your friends faces.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Schadenfreude.

@AlvinNguyen: at least carry a box of coffee to give out to the line waiters... :)

6. Peter-Gee macrumors newbie

What store you wanna hang out at? Hahahaha

7. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Uvillage - meet me for lunch? hahahaha :cool:

8. iDrew87 macrumors member

The 3rd gen iPad being my first tablet, It was my intention to go and join the queue and experience the excitement on launch day but instead I pre-ordered last night and I wont get to experience the whole thing, picking up a tablet from the Apple store in a wee bag an all so in a way I am :(

9. Peter-Gee macrumors newbie

Deal :D

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That is so cruel...And probably pretty dangerous...I'd be prepared to start running!

11. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

I was planning on going to the store, and joining in the fun (or the boring tedious waiting, i don't know I've never done it) but when they announced preorders, i thought i have 2 options:
    1. wait in bed, sleeping, until the delivery guy brings me my shiny new toy.
    2. convince a friend to come with me, wake up way too early, make the hour long drive to the nearset apple store, stand in line for hours, be moaned at by friend, drive the hour home before playing with shiny new toy.
    I chose option 1, i just hope it gets here on the 16th and i don't regret my decision.