Whose Mac get bluescreen under Win?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merkuryy, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Every time my SR MBP runs a 3D game under Windows XP, during the game the system will surely get a bluescreen and automatically restart. And you have to wait about 2 minutes for the system to reload (Also under Windows, everything is prefect with Mac OS X)

The "bluescreen" issue affect <Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory>, <Splinter Cell: Double Agent>,<Rainbow Six:Vegas> whether what's your setting(640*480 or 1072*768 don't care).

Curiously,<Need For Speed:Carbon> and <Joan D'arc:War and Warriors> which are both "fps eating" games have no problem and the games that have problems also run like flying.I set the virtual RAM to max, and kill all my apps under Windows(Now Windows is only for gaming, work goes to Mac)

The problem is still there so I'd like to know if you guys have the same problem and how you deal with it, thanx:D

2. Rustman macrumors regular

Rustman

How big is the partition that you've given Windows? It could be too small for the temporary files for the games you have problems with.

Interesting that you have good speeds though. Tempting to dual boot myself. If I just knew where to find all the drivers.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

on the leopard disc if you it

4. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Of course it's 32G(FAT32) since I 90% relied on Mac OS X. Now I have 6.02G free memory, when I played <Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory> ,I got 10.2G left. So I don't think it's space problems.

Yes, playing <Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory> is awesome, the graphics is wonderful, the game played is incredible fast at top setting( and i've got the 2.2ghz one).My driver is 1.36 I think ,I got it on the net

5. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

Hmmmm, now I think may be it's graphics card driver problem. The ATI X1600 doesn't have problems running <Rainbow Six>, and I haven't any problems when pausing the game.Blahhhh, if only Nvidia could speed up its driver release----

6. Rustman macrumors regular

Rustman

These sort of problems are frequently driver related. I've had enough fun over the years dealing with BSOD due to poorly written or installed video drivers to last me forever.

I bought my iMac to get me away from those ugly things. I shudder to think they could appear on this machine. :)

Thanks for the driver tip Neil. I'll look into that... maybe.

7. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

BSOD just shows you that windows is working correctly. REJOICE!