Whose MBP have bubble on the mat screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merkuryy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Merkuryy macrumors regular

Merkuryy

My MBP is a Santa Rosa one, which I bought in August 2007. The experience for switching to Mac is quite sensational for me as I transfer 90% of my studying and work on OS X, and I have to say MBP definitely justify its price.

However the only problem that frighten me is bubble has began to appear since October 2007. One of my friends told me that the "film" on the screen isn't well installed, so as time go by, it began to appear bubble. The problem is not so terrible for the nowadays the bubble is still small, but it scared me because it really didn't show it will end up in the future, horror will take place once it become huge bubble.

If it isn't repairable, I defenitely consider you guys to buy a MBP with glossy screen, for now the gloosy screen didn't seem to be more sensible than the mat screen:(

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I've never seen a bubble on an Apple laptop screen and I've had their portables since the PowerBook 100. How about a picture? If you bought in August 2007 then it's under warranty, take to an Apple store or call them.

3. mox123 macrumors 6502

Can you attach a pic of your screen in this thread? i'm curious to see what it looks like....

4. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

I live in China, so it's completely darkness now ,I will take the picture when the first twilight come on my screen:D. You will see, quite annoying anyway if they became huge bubble

5. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

That's what i'm going to do next wednesday, but anyway, I prefer to let everybody know the fact, will put the photo when there is sunshine, about 7 hours later

6. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Let everyone know what fact? That because of one possibly defective screen, you have declared all matte screens defective? That's not a fact, that's a rant. Sorry you are having problems, but you can't make a judgement about all screens based on one unit.

7. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

I mean to let people know what happen to my laptop. Then they will re-think about whether to buy a mat or glossy MBP, I want everyone to be 100% happy with their Mac, I'm just 95% happy , so why can't it be a little better?

It's quite hard to take a picture of the screen when the system is off, I tried with my N70 and T30 but can get nothing but reflection. I will bring it to the retail shop when I go to the State in July, hope:apple: can solve my problem or even replace my MBP with a new one:eek:

8. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

never had a bubble, never seen one. These screens, matte, should be similar to desktop LCDs aren't they?

9. Merkuryy thread starter macrumors regular

Merkuryy

That's why I will send my MBP to a U.S Apple Store, pray for me they will give me a new MBP, since it will highly get a chance to be update this summer, this will be veryyyyyyyyyyyy cool!!!!