Whose ready for iOS 8.2?

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Not that I hate iOS 8.0.2, but I am soooo hoping for 8.2 to fix some of these nagging issues and come through with the features that Apple promised from the start.

I can't recall ever looking forward to an iOS update this much. I guess that's not a good thing.

mreg376

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not that I hate iOS 8.0.2, but I am soooo hoping for 8.2 to fix some of these nagging issues and come through with the features that Apple promised from the start.

I can't recall ever looking forward to an iOS update this much. I guess that's not a good thing.
Maybe you should see first how 8.1 is.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I already know 8.1 is going to be crap. Get ready for: ApplePay-Gate, ICloud Photo hacks and more unexplained phenomena from the current geniuses at Apple.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I already know 8.1 is going to be crap. Get ready for: ApplePay-Gate, ICloud Photo hacks and more unexplained phenomena from the current geniuses at Apple.
this has been happening before iOS 8 and its not an iOS issue its a iCould issue

bottom line dont put pictures of your noodle in the could

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I am kinda happy with how my devices are working now.

Very few problems. Will not use Apple Pay for a while so a update will not be that big of a deal to me.
8.0.2 is ok on my iPhone 6, but I am seeing a few software bugs in my Air that 8.1 will hopfuly fix.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
its not an iOS issue its a iCould issue
and as I recall it's not even so much an iCloud technical issue as it's people using easy to guess passwords and/or people using social engineering to trick support personnel into changing the passwords.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
definitely ready for 8.1. my phone constantly gets hung up and i have to sit and wait for several minutes while it figures out what to do. hoping it's the software and not something that will require a restore. also getting more and more irritated by that double echo alert sound.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
There is still a lot of room for improvement on iOS 8.1. Probably even more so with the 6+, however I don't have one so I can't say for certain.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you're that pessimistic about 8.1, what makes you think 8.2 will fix anything?

Sounds like you just need to switch platforms.

Gmcube

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
I'm just glad I'll get the camera roll back. Not that I've even had a chance to miss it, as my 6 doesn't come til tomorrow, but it would have sucked to have it gone.

What I want to know is if they dial back the overdone noise reduction in photos in either of the upcoming updates.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009

Actually iOS 8.1 is pretty good.

----------

Join date - Sept 2014. That says it all.
Keep staying positive, sunshine.
I missed that. ;)

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Wait... You somehow magically know that 8.1 will suck, but your crystal ball isn't warning you about 8.2?

Oh kay...

----------

I'm just glad I'll get the camera roll back. Not that I've even had a chance to miss it, as my 6 doesn't come til tomorrow, but it would have sucked to have it gone.
People's relief at getting the camera roll back is going to be short lived when the full impact of Apple's changes to photo management become apparent.

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
I am. Safari for some reason crashes upon opening. I've already restarted my phone. I had set this phone up as new so don't think I need to restore. I reset my network settings. Data works for everything else except for safari.

Anyone have this issue?