Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
I would like to know in what way having an iphone and ipad is better than just having a 6Splus!
The iPad 4:3 aspect ratio is a winner every day for me. Turning an iPhone to landscape for web viewing is too limiting.

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
You have two devices instead of one? There really isn't some set way that one is better than the other, just depends on what you might need/want/like/etc.

Yes, depends on what you like. For me, my 6s plus does not replace my iPad air 2. If I am at home I use the iPad to
look up recipes, youtube, etc. It's nicer on the bigger screen.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Limiting in what way, can you post any pics so we can see what you mean?
The attached picture is somewhat representative. Compare the screen "real estate" on the iPhone as compared to the landscape iPad in the back. There is much more top/bottom viewable space, which I prefer.

Notably, most Android tablets started by using a similar aspect ratio to iPhones. Samsung changed that trend with 4:3 tablets in more recent history.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 170

DMVillain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
I've had both and the battery is why I left the 6s. Even next gen I'm thinking of staying in Plus territory because I've gotten use to it.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Bigger screen for Pokemon Go. That actually was at least some of my logic for buying the plus model, and now that the game is out I'm glad it was.
I've played it on a plus and an se on the same account (I steal my sons SE when I don't want to drain my battery lol). I can honestly say that the experience is about the same. I don't play much else right now so I can't really comment further.

Xenden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Rio Rancho, NM
Although the Plus does have more advantages, looking it as a phone, it is pretty huge! Its inconvenient to put it in your pocket or even hold it when going out for a drink!

I have really big hands, I'm 6' 5'' (1.95 m), so it doesn't seem big to me. I also have no problem putting the phone in my shorts, dress pants, or jeans. I never can why people can't fit the phone in their pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
The 6S+ is half the size of the iPad mini. Don't see it being a noteworthy tablet replacement.

In my own experience, my 6S+ hadn't affected my ipad usage habits.

Reactions: mikemj23

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is it worth using the 6Splus as a GPS via google maps?

Last edited:

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
Is it worth using the 6Splus as a GPS via google maps?

I use it all the time. Purposely did not add a Nav system on to a new car I just bought. Got everything else though. :)

My 6s+ works very well.

dragon671556

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2013
I'm in the same boat I can't decide between the 6s and the 6s+. I have small hands but my 5s barely lasts the day and I really don't use it that much. I work in childcare and I use my phone a lot for taking pictures of the kids for various things. Sounds like the Plus might be a better option. I'm leary of getting the 7 when it comes out I've been on the S series for a while.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, will it work well as a gps, so is it worth purchasing it for that?
It would work as GPS but would need data for maps and all that, although some apps/services allow for that to be download ahead of time. If it's simply just for GPS uses, seems like a stand-alone dedicated GPS device might be a better/cheaper option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.