Why a JAILBROKEN iPhone is the most customizable platform

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mz100, May 2, 2011.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

Haven't been on here in a while, and thought I would post something cool.

I bought an iPhone 4 about 7 months ago and loved the simplicity of the OS and how nice it looked...Not to mention the easy and incredible functionality.

however, after about two months I wanted to Jailbreak it..I didn't get bored of the look, but rather wanted to see what else was available So i did it.

I began to tinker with little things that made the phone run faster like fakeclockup and sbsettings, and activator..I didn't really mess with the look of the device because I liked it.
    However, after seeing the new Nesus S ( I used to have a droid) I liked the way gingerbread (2.3) looked. IOS got a bit boring after 7 months.

SO I did some research and downloaded winterboard and downloaded the iDroid theme and downloaded androidlock pattern and wallah my iPhone 4 on the surface looks like a droid..Now once u run most of the applications they look like the IOS version.. but its nice to mix it up..

Here are some photos of the homescreen, lockscreen (with pattern that works) and music app.

If anyone wants tips on how to do this let me know..
    Not a big deal but thought I would share.

Attached Files:

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I totally agree with you. Recently I started becoming interested in the OS7 phones because I thought the tiled UI looked cool, so to satisfy that urge I got Dreamboard and installed and tweaked the OS7 theme.

some pics below

Attached Files:

3. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Android is first, iPhone follows.

Nothing beats choices.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sorry but android is the most customizable platform. With android you can basically apply a completely customized OS (Rom) and then change various settings. With the iPhone you're cannot load any customized iOS onto the phone.

5. bittyme macrumors member

I'm no android fanboy but how is ios more customizable than android?

6. sal74, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

sal74 macrumors member

Mz100,

That is sick!!! Can you provide a step by step on how to get that screen...I'm jailbreak'n tonight!!! lol!

7. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, give me a few minutes lol

8. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

OP all you did was install a theme and as far as customization goes thats minimal.

A theme on a JB iPhone really does nothing for it's functionality. Android and other platforms go further than just a different look. Fact is that a JB iPhone is absolutely not the most customizable platform, better luck next time.

9. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

Android theme Guide

I assume you know how to jailbreak...

1.Open cydia and search "winterboard" That is the app that lets you get themes and customize the appearence of your phone.

Then search in cydia for "idroid hd" (if you have an iphone 4) if not download idroid.

Then select the idroid theme

then to get the android pattern search for androidlock xt

10. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Just a quick play around with my ZTE Blade (and an old Nexus One Miui shot attached).

Launcher 7 - Custom Launcher
    SBP Shell 3D - custom Launcher
    MIUI - Custom ROM

I'm hoping to recieve a 3GS tomorrow so I will be sure to tinker with it once it arrives tho but Android is simple to change.

Attached Files:

11. tjb117 macrumors newbie

I really like this, nice looking. Really like the wallpaper on your lockscreen. If you have it handy, could you post it (in retina quality)?

12. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

There is a JB iPhone, been there, done that.

Then there is the Real Thing, No Limits, Totally Exciting Android.