Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which browser do you use in OS X.

• Safari

Votes: 62 76.5%
  • Chrome

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

arashb

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2009
Well with both Safari 6.0 and whatever the latest version of Chrome is as of today, here's why I'm going to be sticking with Safari. Both browsers load the same exact website (this thread) on three different tabs. Safari's usage is in blue while Chrome's is in red.

For Safari, I do not have java installed but for Chrome I do.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-26%20at%205.23.46%20AM.png

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
Well with both Safari 6.0 and whatever the latest version of Chrome is as of today, here's why I'm going to be sticking with Safari. Both browsers load the same exact website (this thread) on three different tabs. Safari's usage is in blue while Chrome's is in red.

For Safari, I do not have java installed but for Chrome I do.

You are comparing a dev version of safari to the latest stable of chrome, you might want to compare the dreadful current iteration of safari? And where's the memory usage, as well as the memory leaks in say 1,2, or 3 hours? Plus the sample of webpages is way to small AND chrome has java enabled. The number of extensions on each one is also not factored in. Is there any way you can make this comparison less valid?:confused:

arashb

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2009
You are comparing a dev version of safari to the latest stable of chrome, you might want to compare the dreadful current iteration of safari? And where's the memory usage, as well as the memory leaks in say 1,2, or 3 hours? Plus the sample of webpages is way to small AND chrome has java enabled. The number of extensions on each one is also not factored in. Is there any way you can make this comparison less valid?:confused:

You're right you got me, thumbs up to you. :rolleyes:

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
You're right you got me, thumbs up to you. :rolleyes:

I wasn't out to "get you", I was just pointing out inconsistencies and the unscientific comparison you were doing didn't really demonstrate anything, I didn't attack your honest or veracity, I argued that your comparison was not at all apt.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
In Safari 5, I can't use 3-finger swipe up and down to go to the top and bottom of a page, respectfully. So, that and a lack of all the extensions/ad-ons I have come to love in Chrome, Safari is hardly used on my machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.