why all the hating on the iphone 4 when the evo drops signal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Juarez7514, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

well, seeing as how most of us here have an iPhone and not an evo, we've never had to worry about an evo dropping a call. :rolleyes:

2. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

Strange that it happens when cupping the top of the Evo. I thought the FCC mandated that all mobile antennas be placed furthest away from the user's head.

And what is it with that guy's home screen? It's an incomprehensible mess....

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    No one debates that blocking cell phone antennas can have an effect on their signal.

The differences with the iPhone 4 are that it can be so dramatic (right down to dropping a call or freezing data transfer), and it happens if you simply place a single finger in a very common position.

4. cplusON3R macrumors regular

5. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Sorry, I had an EVO and not once did I drop a signal even one bar just from holding it.

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

7. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

But only if you are already in a very low signal area (despite what the bars say).

8. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

BS.

My 3GS never dropped calls when held that way, but the iPhone 4 does. Same location.

I have the bumper on and don't have the problem, but I can see why people complain.

9. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

10. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

that and the typical, not all, apple customer seems to be very very picky and demanding!

11. army91c macrumors 6502a

Where is this magic position? I haven't been able to find it on my phone.

Why even start this thread? You know you're trolling and nothing good will come of it.

12. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

I had a dropped call the other day, but it was because I was holding it in a way that I normally and don't comfortably hold it. For the record, that's one more dropped call than I've ever had with my 3GS, which never dropped calls.

Still not enough for me to worry about it. My phone has been great otherwise. :cool::D