why am i addicted to macs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by benlee, Jun 9, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Im starting to think i have a problem because im looking to get a cheaper powerpc mac even though i have a core2duo mbp. Im wondering if this is a good deal for $600
    APPLE POWERBOOK G4 12"
    1.5 GHZ POWERPC
    768MB MEMORY
    80GB HARD DRIVE
    OS X 10.4.9
    FIREWIRE, USB, DVI VIDEO

thanks. I will seek help

2. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

They contain CRACK! :D

Srsly though, I keep contemplating collecting macs...but my utilitarian side revolts at the thought.

3. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

I'm going to my girlfriends uncle's today and he had asked me if i had any interest in older power pc macs. at the time i didnt realy think about it but im going to try and bring it up. see if i can get a couple for free. He works in a lab so they have a bunch im guessing. wish me luck.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

That is actually a good deal and even if it has AC left on it. Also the 12" one's are the best for being so small

5. josepho macrumors regular

I'll second this. I absolutely LOVED my 12" PB (1.33Ghz), and would probably still be writing on it had the hard drive not crapped out, giving me an excuse to spring for a MBP! :eek:

6. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Go for it. $600 is a great deal. Check and see how the battery's doing though. And the power adapter. I just had to replace mine. They're like $80 from Apple, but I managed to ebay one new for about $40.

I have a 12" pbook (RevA) and a MBP and I found myself still preferring the pbook for taking notes in class etc. I only bring my MBP if I need it for work.

7. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Looks like a good deal, I sold my iBook for 650 canadian with similar specs.

8. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

Agreed if the battery is good and it cosmetically clean, that's a pretty good deal.
    12"PBs are good quality little machines.