Why am I getting a free XS silicone case?

MVPinFLA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Boynton Beach, FL
I received my new Apple Watch on Friday. I just received a notice from Apple that a slate iPhone XS silicone case has been shipped to me. It is showing 0 cost. Since I didn't order a new iPhone, I can't understand why they would be sending something like this to me. Perhaps they are hoping that I will order a new XS to fill up the case. :)

Has anyone else received a notice like this?

Last edited:

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth I'd say, except are you sure that's Apple shipping you a case? Frequently, phish attempts are done luring people with the prospect of free merchandise.

Be somewhat wary clicking any links in that email. Check that the URLs are legit first (actually legit, not just legit-looking.) Apple didn't become a $1T company by voluntarily handing out free stuff to people! ;)

MVPinFLA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Boynton Beach, FL
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth I'd say, except are you sure that's Apple shipping you a case? Frequently, phish attempts are done luring people with the prospect of free merchandise.

Be somewhat wary clicking any links in that email. Check that the URLs are legit first (actually legit, not just legit-looking.) Apple didn't become a $1T company by voluntarily handing out free stuff to people! ;)
It is definitely from Apple and they have all the details from my order. It also isn’t asking for anything. I was just wondering if others got this or it was a one off. Either way, I’m not complaining.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.