Why am I like this ever since Ive gotten my iPhone4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SydneyJunkie, Oct 17, 2010.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

I find myself washing my hands every 20-30 minutes every day. If Im eating and my phone rings I just let it ring because my hands are greasy, or if Im eating m&ms I wash my hands, even when my hands are clearly clean, I wash them again before taking out my phone...I dont know I was never like this:eek:

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I guess you want to keep the device clean.

Since the iPhone 4 is almost all glass it's understandable.

It's also understandable when your eating and you hand contains food residue but if your hand is clean in the first place and you wash your hands thats just downright unnecessary.

Heres how to solve it. Just don't wash your hands at unnecessary times when your hands are hardly dirty.

3. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

lol id call that the NEW PRODUCT syndrome LOL :D;) i know what u mean tho, u want to take care of the iphone 4 cuz u really like it so much, heck, who doesnt? :D

4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

I actually do that too. But it's not just because of my iPhone. I don't get why you would touch anything with greasy hands. I wash my hands before/after I eat. If I feel like they're dirty, why wouldn't I wash them? But yeah, I don't think you need to do this just for your iPhone. People just need to wash their hands a lot more in general. I think it's really gross when someone is eating something greasy and they just touch everything after without even washing their hands first. Especially when it's at my house. I guess I'm kinda OCD about cleanliness.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

This is what happens when poor people buy something they broke the bank to get.

7. aleni macrumors 68020

8. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Yeah. It's called KYS. :D

9. Biker macrumors regular

10. SydneyJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

And you're the product of two poor siblings who made love in a trailer.

11. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

exactly...I was just like that at first, give it a couple of weeks or a month or so and you'll get past it (is that how you're supposed to write it?)

12. Amino Man macrumors 6502

...and here I thought I had OCD!

Guess not as much as I thought.

13. na300zx macrumors member

This statement was totally unnecessary and ridiculous. Reminds me of that guy on here that frequently flaunts his stake as an apple shareholder. Be respectful you ass.

After checking your post history, you never seem to add anything useful other than pure garbage and smart ass commentary.....

14. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

Agreed x20.
    People who don't have the income to afford a replacement/repair usually take ridiculous care of something
    If you notice its usually the people who can't really afford the car that put car bra's on, I mean how many ferrari's do you see with car bra's on

Same goes for people who leave the wrapping on their leather coaches, that is tacky as F*

that or just plain OCD

15. SydneyJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

strong username to post content ratio

16. aleni macrumors 68020

how much did u pay for your iPhone? $199?

i paid $1100 for my factory unlocked iPhone 4 in indonesia and i got it 1 week after it's officialy launched in UK. it's imported.

so i take care of my iphone, i put PS crystal screen protector for the front and back glass but it's naked without bumper or any lame case.

i do wash my hand after finish eating before i touch my iphone, but not as often as the OP.

so im not poor, but i paid lot of money for it, so i take care of it.

don't judge people like you're God. rich ass mfcker! lol.

17. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

youre not weird OP, im totally the same with my ip4. i work in a valet so u can imagine how dirty my hands can get from driving all these ppls cars. i wash my hands every 15-30 min and use hand sanitizer before i lay my hands on my iphone.

18. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

exactly , some ppl buy these unlocked iphone 4s on craigslist and what not for 600, 650 bucks, thats not cheap and you should take care of the phone , even if u paid 199 for it, dont be obsessive on it, i am a jeweler in my profession and at work theres always gold dust in my bench and what not and i do touch the iphone obviously to make phone calls but when i can i try not to get the phone dirty and i try to wash my hands before i use it.. theres nothing wrong with being clean, being too clean can be obsessive but you cant keep everything look like new in this world, just like when u buy a new benz or a beamer, you love it and dont want to see a single scratch, but once you get a scratch on it you get used to it and let the small things slide :D

19. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

^ ^

20. SydneyJunkie thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, but in my case Im so screwed up that I use hand sanitizer before I was my hands, because I noticed that purell is simply an illusion that makes it seem as if your hands are clean, but it actually just adds a temporary coating of clean layer above the dirt. Thats why when you wash your hands after applying sanitizer you can feel the dirt slip off.

Im about to go wash my hands right now, I need help lol:(

21. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

22. SR2 macrumors regular

OCD is one thing, but this is just retarded. Answer your damn phone and quit being such a *****.

23. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Reading this made me feel kind of sorry for you. This kind of comment usually comes from people who are deeply disappointed with their life and feel the need to down others to make themselves, and their pathetic excuse for a life, worth while.