Why am I not being charged for buying apps???

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by JefferyShin, May 5, 2010.

1. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Hi there,

I know me posting this might get me banned, but whatever, I'm scared as hell.

I live in Canada, and I picked myself up an iPad. I got a $25 Vanilla Mastercard to buy iWork.

I signed up for a US account with a random address and phone number.

I just bought all the iWork suites somehow. That would've costed me $30. So I checked my balance on the Mastercard website, and it doesn't say I bought anything.

Is the house that I put on getting billed?

Please help! :(

2. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

How long ago did you buy the Apps?
    The iTunes bill usually is processes on certain days. It could take like 4 or 5 days sometimes to bet billed for all purchases from that week, at once.

Also, don't worry about getting banned over this. It's a legitimate question. MR (and community) frowns upon spreading pirating techniques. You're not doing that.

3. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Have you received emails containing an invoice yet? From memory they clump together sales over a period of time and bill them all together.

4. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I wouldn't worry about it unless the charges don't show up after 3 more days.

5. Barbie macrumors regular

Barbie

if your card does get charged, then the remaining $5 you will owe Apple and they will disable your account until it is paid back

6. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

No worries. Sometimes apple waits a few days to see if you purchase more and bundles it as one receipt in your email. Sometimes I get emails the night of buying but most the time a few days later.

7. JefferyShin thread starter macrumors regular

JefferyShin

So I'm safe? THANK YOU. You guys are like Jesus to me.

Would it be morally incorrect to keep buying apps?

8. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Uh, isn't that a prepaid card. If it only has a certain mount ($25), then, yes it would.

9. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

It might take some time i guess. When i spend money on my Visa, sometimes i'm charged the next month.

10. JefferyShin thread starter macrumors regular

JefferyShin

So... no?

But really, if I buy more apps and not get charged, and get my account frozen, what harm would it do?

11. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Happened to me on my prepaid Visa card. I bought a bunch of apps, then realized I should not have been able to buy 2 of them but the charges went through anyway. I bought 3 more apps as well. A few days later, I got the itunes receipt and indeed my acct was disabled until I reloaded cash on to my prepaid CC.

It's almost like extending yourself a bit of credit but you wind up using your own money anyway. I used this only when I had at least $1 on my card, was going to reload cash on the card very soon and wanted a game real bad. I don't do this anymore, because, I just buy itunes gift or app cards.

Please note, you will not even be able to download Free apps if Apple disables your acct temp.

12. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

It may get frozen because you said that's a $25 card and you charged 3 $10 Apps. I wouldn't get more if I were you. Unless you load more money into the card.

13. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Hah. I don't know what would happen.

Edit: Thats smart of Apple.

14. JefferyShin thread starter macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Oh awesome, thanks so much!

So if my account gets blocked, can't I just make another account to download free apps?

Also, am I still allowed to use the apps I already downloaded with the prepaid card after my account gets blocked?

The only reason I have to buy prepaid cards is because Canadian iPad store isn't open yet.

15. me2000 macrumors 6502

Are you seriously trying to get away with not paying for apps? It'll all catch up to you.. just reload your card to cover what you owe.

16. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Yes to your first question, although I do recommend a prepaid reloadable card to pay your bill.

Secondly, yes again you can you use them because technically, you purchased them. You can also re- download them if you ever delete them off of your ipad.

17. JefferyShin thread starter macrumors regular

JefferyShin

I was just asking a question.

I just don't know how this whole credit card thing works, I just think Apple may have been stupid on this one. How would it catch up to me?

18. me2000 macrumors 6502

They'll eventually bill you.. sometimes it takes a week, then they will charge the card. Like others have said, your account will be disabled if your card is declined until you pay the balance. Why make it complicated having to deal with 2 accounts and all that to save $5?

19. JefferyShin thread starter macrumors regular

JefferyShin

They can't charge me. It's a PREPAID mastercard.

20. me2000 macrumors 6502

Of course they can charge the card.. that's how they get their money. Just saying that Apple will disable your account if your card is declined for NSF.

I'm not sure how this works... but if your account is disabled, what happens to the apps already on your iPad? Are they usable until they need updates? Or what if you need to restore your iPad?

21. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Totally go for it, consider it credit with no intreats. It's a great deal, and you can always pay it later to reopen your account or if you're an irresposable person and worse comes to worse then apple will send you a bill. Don't buy an iMac, but you can splurge a bit on your pad!

22. pooryou macrumors 65816

pooryou

They can find out who you are thru Visa, and send your account to collections. Not worth it.

23. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Nothing happens to them, you just won't be able to buy anymore apps or download Free apps. The games work as normal. I am not sure if you could even update them with a disabled acct, I doubt it. If you restore your iPad, you could easily re-download those apps as soon as you pay your bill. You could also easily synch them back to your restored iPad from a previous backup in itunes provided you do reg backups that is.

24. MRU Suspended

MRU

You don't feel one bit morally wrong ?

You are planning on stealing. Actually you are purposely planning on defrauding Apple.

:confused:

As we say in Ireland , some people on this forum have 'neck to burn'.

Because I imagine he plans on downloading a 'sh*t' load of other apps and not just the ones he already has done. Otherwise he would not have started this thread about $5.........

25. Flyyvon macrumors member

Vanilla Mastercard

HTML:
    I live in Canada, and I picked myself up an iPad. I got a $25 Vanilla Mastercard to buy iWork. 

I signed up for a US account with a random address and phone number.

I also live in Canada. Where can you get a Vanilla Mastercard? and how does it work when you have apps from your Canadian account and some from you US account? Can you have both at the same time on your iPad?

I just need Pages and Numbers and their still no date for the Canadian market.

Thanks for your help.

Yvon.