Why am I scared to upgrade?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by woodsea, Nov 29, 2007.

1. woodsea macrumors member

I am a PC person at heart. I bought my computer because it seemed the perfect computer. ie, it can cover all bases. I have Bootcamped and have XP pro on the PC side.
    Vista is not and seems even after the SP1 is out will still not be ready for prime time. This could easily change though.
    Now with my Tiger side, I am fearing the new patch to 10.4.11. I am really not looking forward to spending the money for a not ready for prime time Leopard, either.
    What is the deal with Apple? I thought they were all about the software, especially considering they only play on their own "course".
    By the way, I will be taking in my computer because it runs real hot and doesn't like to awaken all the time. These are very, very minor problems as everything else works really well.
    Any thoughts? Positive twists? Any comrades in arms?

2. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

first of all - ???
    second - apple makes system updates for a reason. update to 10.4.11. its fine.

3. unknown.exe macrumors member

unknown.exe

I agree... apple is very good about making bug-free compatible updates. You computer running hot causes the slow awakening. You just need to get a better fan or sumptin like that.:apple:

4. woodsea thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I will bring that up to the guys at the Apple Store when I get stateside. But, what of the problems with bootcamp and the new update?
    I have a SR MBP and it seems that more than a few of these have had over-heating problems.

5. unknown.exe macrumors member

unknown.exe

Big programs cause overheating on laptops... the more ram and hardrive speed needed the more overheating... better fan is the answer.

6. dstearns96 macrumors member

dstearns96

1. § I am currently running 10.4.11 and things are fine :)
    2. § I agree with not spending $$$ on leopard, I think they will make it free when they make mac os 11 (which will take a years);)

if you wonder how the §'s got there, option + 6 = § :D

7. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

tiger is fine, and i'm will be using it on my mbp until shaftshifter supports leopard. besides, i know a lot of folks are stilling running panther.