Why Am I Unable To Claim The iLife Offer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BenEndeem, Jan 27, 2009.

1. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

I'm being disallowed from completing the form, because apparently the date is incorrect, but that contradicts what the terms and conditions say.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It goes based on your serial number, as well. If the date of purchase you say doesn't match the date of purchase of the serial number...

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

call Apple? Seems more logical than posting here

4. BenEndeem thread starter macrumors 6502

The date of purchase was the 6th.

Not when you're running a small business and need to keep the landline open while not wishing to spend the time and extra expense on a mobile call, posting online on MR and Apple Support and waiting until the end of the working day seemed much more logical :p .

Looks like I'll be phoning them anyway, won't be any inconvenience now, thanks for your replies though.

5. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

I had the same problem when I tried to qualify as well. I purchased mine on the 7th and the up-to-date page did not accept that date as well. If you put any date on or after 01/12 it will work. I called Apple about it and they said they were having problems online with qualifying the Mac's. I faxed my order about two week ago and still can't see the status online but iLife up-to-date customer service did confirm they received my fax and will be processing this week.

This sucks because a lot of people have already received their iLife '09 and I have to wait until sometime this week or maybe into next week to receive mine.

6. TooSixy macrumors newbie

You have been waiting patiently for over 2 wks now, what's the difference of a couple of days more?

7. snowballer macrumors newbie

did you buy from apple or a reseller?

if you got it from a reseller you have to contact apple to confirm the date of sale as apple only have the date they sold the item to the reseller and this was probably before the 6th

8. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

I can wait the couple of days, that's not the problem. It just sucks that i HAVE to wait a couple of more days. I don't know about you, but when I pre-order something I would like to have it the day it comes out. I have the patience to wait, but it sucks just having to.

9. BenEndeem thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope directly from Apple online.