Why am I waiting???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by whitel4, Jul 13, 2012.

1. whitel4 macrumors member

whitel4

I have been waiting for over 4 months now for the a newer version of iMac. The old iMac is plenty good enough to do everything I need. But its the principal. I dont want to go out and send the money and then a new one is released ... I blame rumor sites! if it wasnt for you telling me to wait and new version is coming I would have already an iMac!!

Dont all hate me at once. The iMac im was expecting to get 4 months ago would have been my first MAC. I have iPhone and iPads but have been a windows fan for, well forever. I fell in love with the iMac but im getting to the point where im thinking go out and spend the monies on a PC (or wait for windows 8 (God its all a waiting game))

Should I hold out for the iMac or just get a top of spec PC?
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

A year is a long time in Mac world. Who knows what the new iMac computers will have. It's definitely worth the wait.

3. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Well you waited 4 months. Might as well wait a couple more. ;). Me personally, I'd get a top spec PC. But if you really want your first mac, I'd go with the iMac.

4. whitel4 thread starter macrumors member

whitel4

I want an iMac because of the quality display. I havent seen anything that matches the colour and sharpness. Im not a professional but I like photoshop and movie editing. Thats what is drawing me to the iMac. PC does it all fine but like mentioned no way near the display quality of the imac!

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

You asked a good question... so why are you waiting?

6. zai-huei macrumors member

Yes, we do all hope so!
    But maybe 24 of july, in oct. or perhaps first in 2013...!

I have being waiting for the new iMac since jan.! I don't want to wast 18000 DKK Or $3000 (it's the same) on a "old" mac! :s

7. ravinder08 macrumors regular

Only YOU know why you're waiting.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I waited 6+ months for the MBP. Sure I could have had the sandy bridge based MBP and would been a good machine, but knowing that Ivy Bridge was coming I deferred and I'm happy I did because I also got the retina.

By waiting at this juncture means you're not compromising. You'll definitely feel a twinge of regret once apple does update the iMac so why not wait.

9. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Based solely on rumors you have deprived yourself of four months with one of the best computers made. Then to make matters worse you are going to cut of your nose to spite you face by buying a Windows PC?

LOL

That's funny ! ! !

10. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Apple Thunderbolt or Cinema Display use the same panel as iMac has. So it should be identical in quality and sharpness, maybe a bit different in color tone, but shouldn't be a problem since you can always tweak it.

Honestly, PC can do all things Mac could, hardly the other way around. So I wouldn't get an iMac because of the display alone since you can always plug a regular PC to Apple Display, especially Cinema Display as long as your GPU has DisplayPort output. Or when Thunderbolt become the norm of PC world, you can get ATD as your PC monitor. Doesn't have to be all-Apple to enjoy all the benefits.

iMac is great computer nonetheless, albeit it has its own problem for me.