why apple dosen't give us some basic stuff?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joseluis.17, Nov 17, 2008.

1. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

I was wondering why wouldn't apple include video recording or mms stuff that most phones have
    does apple have a plan or something or why are they doing this?

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I've rather have them fixing some basic stuff, right now the iPhone OS isn't really as stable as it should be.

4. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I could live with how my iPhone is performing right now in exchange for a video recorder app! :p

5. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Then Jailbreak. There is Cycorder. Works fricken awesome!

6. ~Phi macrumors regular

In my opinion, they left MMS out because they don't want me to receive pictures sent of my nephew from relatives. You know, not important ones from birthdays and such where the relative sends out a photo to 10 or so people at the same time and I'm the only one not to respond. I know they should email it, but not everyone has the cash to spend on data plans. I'd be ok with it if the viewmymessage.com message still existed with the 3g plan. :confused:

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Does anybody have any idea how many threads there are about this. I can understand some questions but seriously what good is it to ask "Why doesn't my iPhone have MMS, Video recording, Better Bluetooth, etc."
    Do you think we (MacRumors) know? We don't
    Why don't we know? Because we're not Apple
    Argh!:mad:
    </rant>

8. joseluis.17 thread starter macrumors regular

just because we want to share opinions of course we are not asking for real answers just jobs knows it but i think is intersting to know what other people think

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

They think the same thing they did 28 minutes ago, 4 hours ago, 9 hours ago, 13 hours ago, yesterday at 10pm, 6:29pm, 2:14pm, 10am, and 6am, last week on Thursday, the week before that on every other day, and continuing on from there every 7 minutes since this was first discovered.

10. firewood macrumors 604

AT&T to Steve: MMS uses spectrum that's more valuable than what we charge for it. Include it in your phone, and we'll lower your subsidy.

Engineering staff to Steve: We tested MMS. The power envelop and/or EMI/RFI emissions are a little out of spec. Plus there's a potential security hole. We could fix it in a few weeks or ship now.

Steve: Ship now. Put that extra AT&T subsidy into future profits.

Staff to Steve: We could use gesture A for pinch, zoom and scroll, or for selecting for cut and paste. Marketing says the wow advertising for pinch and zoom will sell 5M more phones, but leaving out cut & paste will cause kids who have already given us their money to complain. What should we do?

Steve: Ask any more stupid question and you're fired.

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Awesome. Totally the truth.