Why Apple is just better...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DeuceDeuce, May 2, 2008.

1. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I became a Apple computer user two years ago this month when I bought my MBP. Since then I have bought a BlackBook for my wife, and iMac for the house, and also convinced my brother to make the switch by buying an iMac and a BlackBook as well. My whole family also bought iPhones and switched from Verizon. My Wife, Brother, Sister-in-law, Father, and Mother all have iPhones now.

The reason is fairly simple... Apple products are top notch and their customer service is second to none. I worked in the IT field for about 8 years as a Help Desk coordinator, Desktop Technician, LAN Technician, and Telecomm Technician and not one company took care of problems like Apple does.

Anytime I have had an issue with any of my Apple products Im always pleased with how its resolved and how quickly it is resolved... This time I was shocked out how quickly it was resolved.

The "issue" that sparked this post just started to happen this past Wednesday, my battery on my MBP started to crap out and not work very well at all. It was an all of a sudden thing where the battery health dropped to 50% from about 80% in just one day. I figured I was going to have to buy a new battery for $130 since I was out of warranty but as a I researched the problem I found out I may be eligible for a new battery under some program Apple had.

Anyways... I re-calibrated my battery on Wednesday night and that seemed to fix it as my battery health as about 80% now but I wasn't to thrilled about that since it had only 236 cycles.

I called Apple on Thursday at around noon PST and the rep said he would send me a new battery. The battery was in my MBP by noon today. Phenomenal service by Apple yet again! Thanks Apple!

You have gained yourself a loyal customer and as long as your premium products are accompanied by a premium service I will GLADLY pay a premium price to be a part of this community.

:apple: :D :apple:

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Mother just bought an HP Pavillion. Not a bad computer but it doesn't really float "my" boat.

After about an hour I had rid it of most of the "junk" first to go was nagware Symantec (with glee I torched their apps) and a bunch of the other stuff.

Then I remembered how clean my setup was. No icons littering the desktop on my Mac begging me to ugrade to the full featured version. No quicktray popups telling me my computer was at risk.

Macintosh computing is about tranquility. There's even a dearth of bleeps and bloops ..sometimes I forget my speakers are on honestly.

Think of a PC as a billboard advertising its wares..often obnoxiously. Think of a Mac as what a computer was intended to be. An appliance for productivity, imagination and creativity.

3. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Yet another reason why Apple is better then the rest. Great point!

4. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

wow. beautifully typed. can i steal this quote from you? i love it. :apple:

5. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Actually, can I have that as my sig? Because that's just godly.

6. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

ha! i just put it in my sig ;o)

thanks nuckinfutz :D

7. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

OMG, me too!

Ha ha!

8. winblowzxp macrumors newbie

I agree that the PCs from HP, Dell, etc. come with a lot of usless crap, but it's just a case of 'where the money comes from'. HP, Dell, et al. get the biggest profit on a machine by adding all that 'junk', whereas Apple makes its profit from the license cost.

I'm not too familiar what comes stock software wise with a Mac, as I've been playing with one for about 2 weeks now (I'm borrowing it), but from the little research I've done so far, is that Macs are the most proprietary software wise and their EULA is by far the strictest in the industry. Hardware wise, they're quite similar.

Addressing the original post, if Apple were more mainstream I don't think they'd have the same quality support as you say they do. I've no experience with their support mechanism, so I'll take your word for it. But Apple's not the only one with spectacular support...if I'm having a big problem that I can't figure out in UNIX, I get helped about as fast as you did...that's one big advantage of a niche market.

9. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I figure I can contribute here. I just bought a HP dv2000z. It's not a bad lappy by any means, but there is a bunch of useless stuff on there.

Vista Premium on it is about as fast as XP Pro on a 2GHz Pentium 4.

10. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

:D

After 6 years on this site I've finally said something Sig Worth! Thanks people!!

I detest nagware. iLife has options to purchase say a print book or .mac but i'm not harrassed until I'm blue in the face.

The Mac is so superior in so many little ways the whole "what can you Mac do that my PC can't do" needs to be approached in a different matter. My answer would be "you 'can' do everything on your PC that my Mac can do...just not as fast and as elegant" :p

11. AstroHouse macrumors member

Sig worthy, indeed! Pure poetry and harmony. I am at peace with myself.:eek:

12. winblowzxp macrumors newbie

Elegant...I'll give you that. Faster...not quite. It really depends on what the task is. Case in point...I have a 900MHz 512MB BSD box. For it to compile and install Apache took about half the time to do the same task on the C2D Mac I'm playing with. I'm willing to bet that it'll take the Mac considerably less time to render video than that BSD box. But, in all honesty, I'll take my Ultra 5 over both of them any day. :D

13. ShaunC macrumors member

yeah macs take a little time getting used to, and they are less stressfull

but the first thing i noticed was the quality feel of my macbook.

Having switched from a Toshiba laptop, the apple keyboard has a quality feel to it...

i think its the little features that add up

2 finger scrolling
    apple remote compatible
    magnetic lid

and best of all... Apple haven't compromised and plasted the Macbooks' case with other logos like INTEL CHIP and BLUETOOTH

14. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

That's why the good Jeebus up above created Goo-gone.

Just don't be an idiot like me and put it on your ceiling.

15. winblowzxp macrumors newbie

Those two logos, of which I don't really mind as much as the company tooting its horn. They're really helpful to me because as the guy who fixes other people's machines, I like to have an idea of what they have under their hood. But as far as building systems, I'll only put the processor sticker on a system that I sell...well that and the OS product key.