Why Apple is removing apple logo from smart folio & keyboard back?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by joscejrod, Nov 3, 2018.

1. joscejrod macrumors 6502

joscejrod

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

3. kurosov macrumors 6502a

It would have to have existed for them to remove it, As their previous smart cases didn't cover the back it was never there to begin with.

4. gjr74 macrumors member

gjr74

There were full smart cases for the iPad Airs and iPad mini, and they all had the logo on the back. There were also rear covers on the current generation models, and yes, the logo was there too. And on all iPhone cases Apple has ever produced. Not having the logo on the back is like a painting by a great artist, minus the artist’s signature. It’s like a Porsche without the iconic gold crest on the hood. It’s like... ok, maybe I’m getting carried away here...

5. Jimpilot macrumors 6502a

Jimpilot

Maybe just a smidgen but I do like the logo, differentiates it from knock offs. Soon there will be plenty of copies available, maybe even in leather (He said hopefully)

6. roguefury macrumors member

roguefury

Can’t decide whether I’m heartbroken or crestfallen

7. spiderman0616 macrumors 68040

spiderman0616

I don’t care if the logo is there or not. I just like getting the Apple covers and cases for iPads because they are guaranteed to fit correctly, especially when the hardware has been redesigned. I have had bad luck with that more than once. It was an especially big problem with the 10.5” model—I have a small graveyard of Luvvitt, Poetic, and Khomo cases from that launch that either didn’t fit correctly or were poorly made due to being rushed out the door.

Side note—these new keyboard folios from Apple are very similar to what I was doing with my beloved Zagg Rugged Messenger on my 10.5”: iPad secured by magnets when the keyboard is needed, pops easily out when it’s not, and there are no corners to pry off when you need to remove the case.

8. giggles macrumors 6502

My guess is because these are the most take off put on take off etc. apple cases ever and you’re encouraged to take it off and enjoy the thinness