Why Apple is taking long to ship the new Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Isa Al, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Isa Al macrumors member

Hey

I am just wondering why Apple is taking long to ship the new Macbook pro? some people won't their orders before months maybe. Is Apple still manufacturing the laptops or why it's taking months?

Like many websites such as Amazon or even Apple it self get tens of thousands of orders a day and can manage to deliver within couple days so why the new Macbook pro taking so long?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Supply and demand simple as that, more people want them than they can make!!

3. Isa Al thread starter macrumors member

But wasn't it predicted? I mean even if hey have extra in stock right now they will be sold later on why didn't Apple produce more Macs before the launch so they can ship faster already???

4. Samuelsan2001, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016

Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Because the likes of you and many ridiculously impatient numptys were screaming for Apple to apdate their mbp's with no idea of the supply constraints they were under for all sorts of components. Seemingly they have released them as soon as they possibly could rather than build up a stock of them first, they couldn't win either way!!

Also just the shipping constraints of a worldwide release will mean they will appear in stores slowly Andy they have to balance that with online customer orders!

All in all it's an incredibly complicated process that takes time simple as that.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Years ago, Apple got burned by over supply, they thought a given Mac was going to be a huge seller and it wasn't and they had deal with high stock volumes because of the demand was not as high as they thought (this was pre-Intel days), so since then Apple takes a very conservative view on how much machines to make.

Also factor in that I think they underestimated the demand, pure and simple, No matter how complex of a model they use to discern sales, mistakes can happen.

Finally, I think Apple may purposely keep supply levels low which has an effect of implying that demand is exceedingly high, i.e., they try to use supply shortage as a marketing tool (yes I'm paranoid ;) )

6. Isa Al thread starter macrumors member

Oh. But as you know now a days millions buy Apple's products regardless of the huge change or not. Like the iPhone 7. The jet black is out of stock everywhere for long time and millions bought it and there was no difference at all in the design except just a line on the back removed mainly.

I am not sure about Apple before but now every new product regardless of what it is it's going out of stock easily by the crazy fans. And I think we belong to them here too lol :p

7. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

8. Isa Al thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I know but I mean it should be prepared from before. At least like how they guarantee a release date for the iPhone. The demand seems a lot higher than the supply this time or Apple didn't make the right decision. Not sure