Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I checked with local Apple Stores, they told me that except for the top of the line i9 model, they don't carry any other MBP with 1TB SSD. Before 2018 MBP were released, all configurations with 1TB SSD were only available to order online. How come?

They also told me that the 14-day return period starts when they ships out MBP to customer. If I pick up at the store, will they also start counting when it ships to the Apple Store or when I pick it up from the store?

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Apple Canada chat agent said that they don't stock build to order models so everything ship from the USA. This is ridiculous!

MRrainer

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
No it's not. Probably a lot less turnover in Canada than in the busy stores in the US.
NYC stores like the 5th Avenue one basically have everything Apple makes for almost every country in stock - simply because millions of tourists come to the city every years.

Someone want to impulse-purchase a MBP with a German Keyboard? They have it. Or had it, a couple of years ago at least.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Sales at Apple store told me that Apple has done marketing research. It found that there are not many sales in Canada compared with the USA. That is why less configurations and also not as many different keyboard language options as in the USA or some other countries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.