Why Apple Why?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by draculr, Sep 5, 2013.

1. draculr macrumors member

It annoys me that every now and then apple lets this happen. Look at the buyer's guide on this site and you'll see that just about everything is red!

I'm in the market for a new macbook pro, new display and ipad mini. Come on apple why wont you take my money!!

Attached Files:

2. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I can understand your frustration about not having new products but...

The red dots mean these products are due to be upgraded sometime soon. And it's just opinion. It doesn't mean they are not still available or that for some reason they are no longer any good.

Apple is still very willing to take your money today and you will get great computers, iPads, iPhones, and iPods no matter how many red dots are on the buyer's guide.

3. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

Apple releases a product when they feel it's ready, and not a moment too soon, they couldn't give a flying F about when and where you need a new Mac, and thats something i hope they will keep doing. Let all the other companies release unfinished products because they want money over quality.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I am sorry that Apple didn't take your needs into consideration with their release cycles, and that their current offerings are so deficient as to not meet your computing needs now.

5. draculr thread starter macrumors member

It's okay, I forgive you.

6. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

My thoughts exactly...

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What do you mean why?

The holiday season is rapidly approaching. That's why. Refresh before the holidays = big bucks during the most important shopping time of the year.

8. mslide macrumors 6502a

If only Apple sold their products throughout their entire lifecycle. It sucks that Apple refuses to sell any given product 6 months after it is released.

9. whitedragon101 macrumors 6502a

I grant you it is very strange with the rMBP delay as the Haswell CPUs (except 1) have been out for months. We are now in the build up to Broadwell. They must have a very good reason for the delay to be so far behind. It is either :

Something unfortunate like they are waiting for the as yet unreleased 4960HQ i7 chip which is the highest performing iris5200. For highest performing read slower than the current nVidia 650m
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haswell_(microarchitecture)
    Hmm that makes a bit too much sense. I was rather looking forward to the promises of huge speed boosts of next years nVidia Maxwell chips.

or

Something really cool like a production delay because they are putting in something spangly and new like IGZO or Firebreathing PCIe SSD performance (ie better than the air).... One can dream

10. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Sadly, it's a perfect storm of iOS and OS X getting updates at around the same time as product updates.

I don't understand the "defense without question" of most folks here however. Expecting more from a company, and letting them know that, is far more advantageous to customers than literally telling the company that they can put a steaming pile on a plate, whenever they see fit, and we'll buy it in droves.

Expect and demand better. Other manufacturers will have had haswell machines out for almost 6 months before apple releases it in their complete lineup. But people here somehow seem like they couldn't be happier about that.

smh

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Or it could be simply Apple waiting for Mavericks to be ready and they are holding up the hardware releases so they can reveal it all at the same time in a room full of press at Apple HQ.

12. abraxian macrumors member

Like has never happened ;)

13. draculr thread starter macrumors member

Yea. Perfect storm that's what I was commenting on. I wasn't expecting the volume of negativity just for trying to point that out.

14. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    What were you expecting then? Sympathy? :D

Just wait a few more weeks, it will be worth it.

15. ogi.nic macrumors member

Well, we mortals may never understand the gods (pun intended towards Apple and not to anyone's religion)...

Today I saw Sony's announcement on the Vaio Flip (IFA/Germany). That's it, just found my next machine. Glossy screen? Surprisingly I don't care. Windows? Don't care.

It's a pity though that it didn't come from Apple; I fear that the MBP Haswell update will only be a dissapointment, and a very predictable one. That's not "think different".
    Will keep the 2008 cMBP though for nostalgic reasons.

So long and thanks for all the apples.

16. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

It's the 4th quarter - exactly what I would expect to see. Almost every Apple product is due for an update. I would be concerned if they were all green; with no new/hope of anything new coming up in the pipeline (think Blackberry Ltd.)

17. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

The release of new Apple products is taking more time now than before. But it's not only that. The Buyer Guide considers the average time in the past for the release of new products. But some products were released faster than they should be, and that spoils the average.

Said that, you can expect Apple to upgrade the iPhone and the iPad once a year, and the Macs to be upgraded whenever Intel launches a new processor.