Why Apple? Why?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dsiiist, Feb 23, 2015.

1. dsiiist macrumors regular

Why implement an incomplete feature?
    They really have to fix this, either fix wifi-sync or remove it all together. They said they'd fix it with 8.1 but that didn't do ****.

iOS is more and more turning into android, other than the wifi-sync my iPhone 6 now turns off at 20% (other than the fact that the battery life itself sucks), everything crashes and the list goes on and on and on.

Please oh please Apple do not add new features to iOS 9 and just fix the ones already there.

2. goobot, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015

goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Did you enable wifi-sync through itunes when your phone was plugged into it.

3. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

It's really important to ascertain if an issue you're seeing is an actual bug that everyone has to deal with, or some weirdness specific to your device. In this case, your phone powering down at 20% is absolutely not normal behavior. It's *possible* it's a software issue, and it might be worth doing a full restore of your device to see if that fixes it. It sounds more like a physical problem with your battery, and I would take it to an Apple Store ASAP.

4. dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, yes I did. Trust me dude I know how to use iTunes.

----------

A lot of people have been having that issue and I'm pretty sure it's a software bug cause the phone has only been with me since release and the battery cannot possibly fail in 5 months, i know WUT u mean tho cause my iPhone 5 battery failed and I had to take it back to get it replaced, but this is different, the iPhone 5 was 2 years old and was part of the "bad batch"

5. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I have no problem with WiFi sync between my iTunes and my iPhone 6 plus.
    I previously used wifi sync on iPhone 5s and Windows 8.1 machine, and iPhone 6 plus and a macbook air. Works on Asus router and on airport express.
    This is definitely not the norm if you can't wifi sync, could be your set up at home.

I'd be interested to see the screenshot of the Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage, and the background app refresh screenshot too while you're at it. Let's see what's eating up your battery.
    You could also have bad battery.

6. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

I've seen people complain that their battery percentage is a little jittery, but nothing like this. Turning off at 20% is kind of a big deal. If it is a bug it's certainly not a consistent or easily reproducible one across different devices.

7. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Personally I only used Wi-Fi sync once or twice and stopped because I found it to be incredibly slow. I could go get coffee, use the bathroom, make breakfast, shoot and edit a 15 minute movie with FCPX and use Compressor to export it for YouTube streaming and my phone may have just finished. (Both my computer and phone use AC networking with my AC APEx).

Anyway back on track here, sounds like you may have a defective battery. I'd take it to an Apple Store, AASP, or call AppleCare (800-APL-CARE) to get it diagnosed and repaired. Your phone is under a year old and if bought from an authorized reseller you should have no problems.