Why, Apple, Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OldMcNut, Dec 18, 2009.

1. OldMcNut macrumors newbie

Why is it Apple does not support either Keychain nor AutoFill on it's own web sites and applications? These include iTunes Store and the Apple Store. Seems insane to me. :confused:

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Probably because of the Credit card numbers that are stored there.
    Similar reason to why Keychain doesn't keep Bank access passwords.
    S.

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Same with my bank site and other sites that require a credit card #, the keychain doesn't keep the info. If if did, that can be really bad if someone got a hold of your computer.

4. OldMcNut thread starter macrumors newbie

All I'm asking Apple Store and iTunes Store to do is to support allowing the loading of my user name and password from Keychain Access into the required spaces when asked. This happens most of the time with almost every other web site that requires a password and especially online stores. And why not support Autofill? They put it in Safari and then don't support it on their own sites. I recently ordered a gift card from the Apple Store and had to type every word of my contact info as well as the recipient's. This was particularly annoying since I have the use of just one hand. :mad:

5. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

doesen't seem to be slowing you down on these boards :D

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I don't think anything that has your credit card on file should auto fill. All you need is someone to get a hold of your computer and you're screwed, and if this happened we'll see a thread "Why Apple Why" along with "why would Apple allow auto fill on sites that hold credit card info, someone got my MacBook and racked up my credit card..."

7. OldMcNut thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks all. I seem to be missing something and will think about it. Maybe OldMcNut is getting too old!:)