Why applications fail to launch often?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hajime, Feb 26, 2012.

  1. hajime macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #1
    Hello. I am posting for a relative. He has an iPad 2. For the past few weeks, when he launches certain applications, the screen turns black and the application does not launch. For example, I went to Safari, then googlemaps. One time the screen turned blank immediately and safari was existed automatically. Another time the application existed by itself when I tried to type an address. It is as if the application crashed. Any idea what is happening and how to fix the issue? Thanks.
     
  2. blueroom macrumors 603

    blueroom

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2009
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
  3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #3

    iOS version: 4.3.3 (8J2)

    It has not been Jailbroken. He is not that technical.

    I think his problem has been around for about 1.5-2.5 months.
     
  4. maclook macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    #4
    Is there a specific reason why he's not updating to iOS5? If there's no reason, why not just update and see if the problem goes away?
     
  5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #5
    Thanks for the suggestion. I thought he has the latest version of IOS because there has been no request for update. I have his iPad 2 with me. I just checked the Apps Store. There are 3 updates but none on iOS. On the MBP, whenever there is a new update, a sign pops up. On the iPad2, one has to check for the updates manually?
     
  6. maclook macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    #6
    iTunes should tell you there's an update. If iTunes doesn't automatically tell you, click the "check for update" in the iPad device page.

    I think updating should help and may fix whatever quirk is making Safari crash.
     
  7. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #7

    Thanks. He never connected his iPad to a computer. Anyway, I connected it to a PC, updated iTune and iOS. During the procedure, I encountered restoration error 1611 followed by 1603. After some trials and errors by connecting it to my Mac and then restored from a PC again, I seem to have succeed in restoring the iPad "partially" (some apps were lost). He iPad now has the latest IOS. We will see if the problem remains.
     

Share This Page