Why applications fail to launch often?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hajime, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. I am posting for a relative. He has an iPad 2. For the past few weeks, when he launches certain applications, the screen turns black and the application does not launch. For example, I went to Safari, then googlemaps. One time the screen turned blank immediately and safari was existed automatically. Another time the application existed by itself when I tried to type an address. It is as if the application crashed. Any idea what is happening and how to fix the issue? Thanks.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

iOS version: 4.3.3 (8J2)

It has not been Jailbroken. He is not that technical.

I think his problem has been around for about 1.5-2.5 months.

4. maclook macrumors 65816

Is there a specific reason why he's not updating to iOS5? If there's no reason, why not just update and see if the problem goes away?

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought he has the latest version of IOS because there has been no request for update. I have his iPad 2 with me. I just checked the Apps Store. There are 3 updates but none on iOS. On the MBP, whenever there is a new update, a sign pops up. On the iPad2, one has to check for the updates manually?

6. maclook macrumors 65816

iTunes should tell you there's an update. If iTunes doesn't automatically tell you, click the "check for update" in the iPad device page.

I think updating should help and may fix whatever quirk is making Safari crash.

7. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks. He never connected his iPad to a computer. Anyway, I connected it to a PC, updated iTune and iOS. During the procedure, I encountered restoration error 1611 followed by 1603. After some trials and errors by connecting it to my Mac and then restored from a PC again, I seem to have succeed in restoring the iPad "partially" (some apps were lost). He iPad now has the latest IOS. We will see if the problem remains.