Why apps instead of website?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LaCosta, Oct 26, 2011.

1. LaCosta macrumors member

Ok...I admit...I have been finding myself using more of the full websites instead of apps for many sites. More robust choices and content I find. I guess the only downside is that it may take a tad longer to load. But the price to pay isn't too bad. And instead of hitting an app icon...I just get it book marked.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Yes I have. Using an App seems limiting. But Apples got people convinced it's all about the App. I disagree. Yet I do agree it is a brilliant money maker for Apple.

It influences beginners the apps are essential and in turn has changed how people think about phones. Apple is extremely clever and has outsmarted millions of people. Convincing them the apps are what matters. The gullibles bought into the hype & the rest is history.

It's not so much that Apple is an innovator, when in reality they are simply the best in the game of influence. Gotti would be proud.

3. Lukeyy19, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

An app is built to work with the one device, as well as it can, whereas a website is made to work on a multitude of devices, so it's only as good as the worst device it's supposed to work on.

4. docprego macrumors 65816

IMO apps pull the data in quicker than the website with the same data. Since apps are singular in focus they tend to be more convenient to use. Just my opinion, but I greatly prefer apps to websites when I have a choice.