Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
My friend has a 12" PB.. I mean I've got a 14.1" laptop that I use as my main computer, but as a 2nd computer, damn that thing was nice. Now that I'm at uni, I can really see how a 15" is too big.. and that MacBook is just.. I don't like it at all. Nice, yes.. and I'd buy it over a 15" (due to size and price) but if Apple could just release a 12" laptop with an external CD-drive (maybe firewire400 extension?) I would snap it up in a heartbeat. Thin, Light, a long Battery, and Aluminum. :)

Yeah I agree. I'm close to getting a macbook but I'm not sure.....

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Another note -- i dropped a 100gb 7200 laptop drive in my 1.5ghz 12" PB and maxed out the ram. Fast little sucker now.

I dropped a 60gb 7200 laptop drive in my mom's 867mhz 12" PB and it is great too. The faster drives really improve performance. The 12" PB is the coolest lappie Apple ever made.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
Just watch out for the 80 gig Toshiba drives. Lots of failures.

Otherwise a great and true LAPTOP. Not a notebook!
Agree, 12" PB can be called "Laptop." I got used to be "Technologically Correct"(politically correct version for techies) when I call portable computers as "notebook" as most of the recent portables are too hot to be put on your lap.
My PBs have Fujitsu drive (not Toshiba's). So, that would be a good sign, I believe.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
There is something to be said for a 12" anodized aluminum, full-featured notebook. And a price to match. Personally, I just moved from a 17" MBP to a Blacbook and am 150% happy with how portable it is.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Another note -- i dropped a 100gb 7200 laptop drive in my 1.5ghz 12" PB and maxed out the ram. Fast little sucker now.

I dropped a 60gb 7200 laptop drive in my mom's 867mhz 12" PB and it is great too. The faster drives really improve performance. The 12" PB is the coolest lappie Apple ever made.

I just bought a 19 inch external screen for my 12" PB. But my next upgrade is a new faster 7200rpm Hard Drive.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
My latest machine is a 12" PB

I was just issued with a 12" PB rev D machine by work and am using it now. I had been using my own 15" MBP for work for a while but it wasn't very satisfactory to be supplying my own hardware.

Performance is pretty good actually, it only has 768MB of RAM but does have the optional 100GB drive which is nice. The whole feel of the machine can't easily be described. The keyboard is the same feel as my MBP but there is just this great compactness. The screen is not as bright as my MBP but I have been able to get it looking pretty good after using SuperCal.

I never understood the attraction until now, but after my first day with it, and having used it for a presentation this morning, I am really learning to appreciate the design. Best of all, it just received a brand new replacement battery from Apple :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.