Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered on both ATT and Verizon Monday in an attempt to get a pair before I leave for a vacation Friday.

I have received tracking info for both. They will both be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday).
I usually only order directly from Apple but I had to make an exception because of the shipping delays from apple.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered on both ATT and Verizon Monday in an attempt to get a pair before I leave for a vacation Friday.

I have received tracking info for both. They will both be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday).
I usually only order directly from Apple but I had to make an exception because of the shipping delays from apple.

Update:
My order from Verizon Monday arrived today with free shipping from fedex.
My order from ATT Monday did not arrive. It was shipped free from USPS (post office) and now shows a new delivery date of Friday 6/30 now. I live near LA and it's still in DFW.

So, if Verizon has them in stock I recommend ordering from them.

Reactions: Quake1028

varera

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
Still 6 week in apple stores in Europe. Very limited parties pop up with retailers, but practically impossible to catch. If you guys are getting yours in US, I hope something is going to change here as well.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
Apple stores in NJ are saying August 23rd! They're near impossible to find in the retail channels. I've checked Walmart, Target, BB and Apple stores. Zip.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Apple stores in NJ are saying August 23rd! They're near impossible to find in the retail channels. I've checked Walmart, Target, BB and Apple stores. Zip.

BestBuy has them off and on... as do the major wireless providers - AT&T and VZW for sure... as with any hot commodity, availability comes and goes...

riverfreak

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon

Today I ordered some from the Apple Store with delivery on August 23rd.

Then on a whim I checked BestBuy. They weren't in stock but are due to be shipped on 7/11. 6 days vs 6 weeks.

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I have an extra set of Airpods, unopened. I will sell it at my cost to someone on the forums.
I live in Los Angeles and would prefer not to ship.
If interested send me a private message.

Edit: Sold

Last edited:

Rtt3rd

macrumors member
May 3, 2006
Indiana
I now have an extra pair here in Indiana that were used for about a week if anyone wants to message me and buy them before I put them on CL or ebay, not looking to gouge anyone if interested message me, will take paypal payment and ship tomorrow from Indianapolis with tracking provided.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
My BB order -- originally shipping on July 11 -- just got pushed back to Aug 10th. Yours?

I got that email too but they shipped within 24 hours of receiving it and they arrived today - I was just coming to update my status.

I got the delayed email on the 11th, they shipped on the 12th and arrived today.

riverfreak

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
I got that email too but they shipped within 24 hours of receiving it and they arrived today - I was just coming to update my status.

I got the delayed email on the 11th, they shipped on the 12th and arrived today.

Just got mine too. Have to say: awesome. The only thing I do NOT like is reliance on Siri for volume. So used to having dedicated volume bottoms on LG Bluetooth headsets. But the sound quality is leagues beyond. Comfortable.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
Just got mine too. Have to say: awesome. The only thing I do NOT like is reliance on Siri for volume. So used to having dedicated volume bottoms on LG Bluetooth headsets. But the sound quality is leagues beyond. Comfortable.

I agree with the lack of button control, would have been pretty awesome if you could take your finger and slide it up/down the stalk to control volume.

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
Lack of volume control is a pity indeed. Hoped it would be a feature in iOS 11 but it doesn't seem to be. I don't want to use Siri for that.

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
I walked in to JumpPlus (local Authorized apple reseller in Canada) yesterda and they had 5-6 pairs in the case.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Still 6 week in apple stores in Europe. Very limited parties pop up with retailers, but practically impossible to catch. If you guys are getting yours in US, I hope something is going to change here as well.
Tough to catch but not impossible. Last week they magically showed up at Proshop in Denmark, so I ordered from there. At first I suspected the green 'in stock' icon was a glitch, given that Proshop was the only one out of 44 listed vendors @ prisjakt claiming to have them, but sure enough the order went through and they shipped the same afternoon.

They had AirPods in stock for about 24 hrs after I ordered, then they ran dry, but right now their site says the ETA for the next batch is July 21. So either Apple has finally started to catch up, or those Danes have a safe full of Apple executives' sex tapes...
[doublepost=1500406506][/doublepost]
I agree with the lack of button control, would have been pretty awesome if you could take your finger and slide it up/down the stalk to control volume.
Yeah, or maybe some kind of Theremin-style operation. You'd tap an earbud first and then move your hand to a distance of say 30 cm away from the ear to raise the volume to max. Some tiny laser could probably measure the distance. It would work for scrubbing/seeking tracks as well... or video content on Apple TV.

Reactions: riverfreak

TouchedByAl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Salt Lake City
Thanks to nowinstock I was able to get an email notification that the apple store right by my place had some in stock. So I was able to order a pair and I have to say I love them so far. Getting a little more battery drain then I would like while out of use. I'm reading that's a common issue.

NufSaid

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2015
ÜT: 41.065573,-83.668801
Thanks to nowinstock I was able to get an email notification that the apple store right by my place had some in stock. So I was able to order a pair and I have to say I love them so far. Getting a little more battery drain then I would like while out of use. I'm reading that's a common issue.

I will have to try that because I need it from an Apple store because I have racked up so many gift cards from them.

Reactions: TouchedByAl

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Covent Garden AS in London had them in stock for collection this morning....have just collected......

Bamff

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
Checked airpodsisinstock.com and saw that they were in stock at my local Apple Store. Went when they opened and got me a set. Even the sales associate mentioned that he was surprised that they had them still, being that I was the first person there. Well, they sold out about two hours after I got mine. Im happy with my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.