Why are car chargers listed so cheap?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BigPont, Jul 31, 2009.

1. BigPont macrumors newbie

I'm shopping around on Amazon and see several 3Gs car chargers listed at $2.00 and below, some even as low as $.80. This seems to be way too cheap. Are these low quality chargers or what? Where can I find a legit car charger for a decent price? Thanks.

2. jacobgaul macrumors regular

i use a DLO charger, its $24.99 at bestbuy but i also have a $2 chinese charger and it works just the same.. it feels VERY cheap tho so my gf uses it for her ipod lol

3. BigPont thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I may end up spending a little more just to make sure I get a decent one. I just couldn't believe when I first saw it how cheap it was. Almost want to buy one just for the hell of it. Wouldn't be out too much if it doesn't work.

4. jacobgaul macrumors regular

oh im sure it will work, but i know the cheap one i bought got really warm almost hot after charging the phone for a hour when i was driving, doesnt get warm when charging the ipod but iphone yeah.. ud be better off spending little more. i really like the dlo charger because its small, maybe check ebay for one im sure you can get one for $15 on their

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Only thing I afraid of with cheap chargers

is allot of them do not have over charge protection in them so there is the possibility of it over charging and reducing the like of the battery and the Iphone also the iphone I would be worried about voltage spikes littler nervous about the real 3rd party chargers. I did find a A/C charger 3rd party and cheap I really like in fact I like it better then apples and there cheap and shipped from Canada. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280302281131&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT