General Why are devs like Chpwn all "7.1 is under NDA"?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Jan 7, 2014.

1. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I've only seen Chpwn say this. I am under the impression it is only things that depend on IconSupport are broken. The icons have indeed been updated in the beta, it is beyond me why this is a problem though.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I'm not sure what you're asking. They're saying it's under NDA because it is. developers are not allowed to reveal details about beta firmware; it can be grounds for Apple to close their accounts.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

4. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

It's his reason behind iconsupport not working on the betas i believe. Saw reports it works in b3 now but that's beside the point. I'd imagine it doesn't work for whatever reason and he can't say why? Or maybe he doesn't care to make it work? Who knows.

Funny how beta is under nda but there are monster threads on here about it with pics!

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I imagine he is saying that his code to fix the problem would reveal something about iOS7 that he feels could violate the NDA. I would tend to trust his judgment on that.

6. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

I'm just curious seems interesting JB is compatible but these tweaks aren't. What you guys are saying makes sense as a potential reason why.