Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
They replicate functionality in iOS and trick countless people into spending money that they don't need to. Why does apple still allow these in the App Store? Hell, one of the apps is in the top 15.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Perhaps a better question for Apple.

Serious question, does Apple now come stock with emoji?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think I've just had an app all along so I never realized.
Thanks for the tip. As for the rest, who knows. Apple does weird things, as we all know.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
They also show on Android if they have the right something loaded. I send and receive them just fine with my girlfriend's S4.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
They replicate functionality in iOS and trick countless people into spending money that they don't need to. Why does apple still allow these in the App Store? Hell, one of the apps is in the top 15.

I'm going to assume that at least some of them have more emojis than the stock keyboard. I'm sure there are some that are trying to trick people into paying, but then again Apple's app review procedure hasn't always been stellar.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I'm going to assume that at least some of them have more emojis than the stock keyboard. I'm sure there are some that are trying to trick people into paying, but then again Apple's app review procedure hasn't always been stellar.

Do you have any proof of this? That's a serious question, I thought the same but could never find any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.