Why are game developers slacking on adding multitasking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zinger314, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Zinger314 macrumors member

Zinger314

Almost every important utility app has been upgraded for multitasking, but only 2 games (Peggle and Defender Chronicles)

This is surprising, as I have a lot of EA and Gameloft games, and you think they would be on top of this, especially as people spend more time per period in a game than they are in a utility app...

Then again, a lot of game developers have moved on to bigger and better things...

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I just want my favorite games to be updated with retina display. I can barely stand to play those games. Doodle Jump, c'mon!? Sadly I don't think EA and Gameloft will go back and update their catalog.

3. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

:confused: almost every imortant utility already upgraded for multitasking?
    we are still waiting for skype yes very important almost useless without multitasking.....
    another one im waiting for is the xm/sirius app but i know that won't be updated for awhile..

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Not sure about Gameloft but I'm sure EA is going to release separate iPhone 4 only apps at a higher resolution that you would have to re-buy.

NCAA Football NCAA Football HD

The "HD" version is $1 more.

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Yea I dont think they are either. That's why EA and others had that 99 cent sale a few days before launch. It was a clearance.

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Same here, I'm glad I havent bought that many EA games, I tend not to buy expensive games, I prefer the simpler pick up and play games like Doodle Jump, Angry birds, ect.

7. Zinger314 thread starter macrumors member

Zinger314

Well, everything important that I use. I should have been more specific. :p

I'm waiting on EA for Tetris/Scabble/Monopoly. They're on the top 25, it's silly that they haven't been updated.

8. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I have about 20 EA apps. The only apps I would rebuy for HD are Monopoly, Battleship and Tetris (maybe). I have a bunch of Gameloft games too.