Why are iPhone 3G S images being taken down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patrickdunn, Jun 12, 2009.

1. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

This thread may be taken down too, but why are all of the 3G S pictures being taken down across the internet. First Gizmodo's early hands-on, then the Engadget China's unboxing, and all of the other pics of Apps like the compass.

Is this because Apple had an agreement that no pics of the evaluation/final units would be published until next Friday?

It has already be unveiled and detailed, so why would Apple care about a few pictures.

The reason I care is because I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 3G S, and I would like to see some unboxing and detailed pics to hold me over.

Does anybody know or have a guess?

2. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Getting a legal request when you photograph an unreleased product is a secret iPhone 3GS feature that Apple didn't want leaked.

3. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

4. patrickdunn thread starter macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

If this is a serious reply, wouldn't they have unveiled that at WWDC? At least the info would have been leaked if not pictures.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Maybe they are gonna put up a new matte backed version. ;)

6. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

I'm guessing it is a violation of Apple's legal contract with it's manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. If Apple tells Best Buy (example) to keep the iPhones under strict lock down and not open them until June 19 and this is legally binding as part of the agreement to be a "Licensed Apple Reseller," and some manager at some store opens one and calls Gizmodo and invites them to take photos, then this is a legal violation of the licensed-retailer agreement between Best Buy and Apple. Same goes for Apple manufacturers and distributors. Why would Gizmodo remove images? ... perhaps one of Apple's attorneys called Gizmodo and threatened legal action unless they removed the images until June 19. Or, perhaps only the manufacturer and distributors have the iPhones right now, and so Apple knew it was one of them and called them and said "it had to have been you," and then the manufacturer and distributors called Gizmodo and said "if you ever want us to cooperate with you again in the future, then remove those images right now."