Why are my apps like this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loonytik, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

This happened earlier this morning....I synced my phone last night and everything was fine through this morning. Then, suddenly I unlock my phone and this...

[​IMG]

All of my non Apple apps are blank white spaces. What tha hell is going on here?

This is a non jailbroken iPhone running 4.2.1 and I haven't restored the phone in iTunes yet.

2. romasha macrumors newbie

That is wierd...try synching again, maybe the apps will come back.

I have faced another problem, where I completely lost all my folders. All the apps were out of the folders and the folders were gone! Tried synchronizing, restarting - both iTunes and the phone - no good. Haven't gotten myself to put them back in folders since then :(

3. Loonytik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Yea, I've rebooted the phone several times and synced it with iTunes a few times as well. The only thing I haven't tried is restoring the phone to it's original settings.

The icons show up in iTunes the same way on the wallpaper screen. On the listing on the left they show up correctly however.

4. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

that looks really weird i'd also say try to sync it. do the apps work?
    theres always the restore option

5. Loonytik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Like I said, I've synced it several times and nothing changes. Yes, the apps work just fine, no issues there.

6. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Close all the apps open on taskmanager then restart the phone.

7. Loonytik thread starter macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Tried that as well...no luck. Guess I'll be restoring the phone in iTunes.

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Try deleting one app on both iPhone and iTunes. Then reinstall. If that works, you might need to do this with all your apps or do a restore.

Also you can play around with the sync options. I had a similar problem with the 3GS that my icons were invisible and just the name shown. I unchecked and checked the sync option a few times on iTunes and got it to work. The icon problem was only on my phone, not on iTunes too like you mentioned.

9. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or restore and setup as new if you still cant get it fixed.