Why are my browsers redirecting me back to Hotmail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SlasherDuff, Jun 12, 2009.

1. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

So here is the deal, I am a Facebook addict. I log in more than I should. Lately I have been trying to log in, but the browser (Firefox) redirects me back to Hotmail. This also happened with me and Adium, and I used Safari to browse the Adium site. The Xtras link redirected me back to Windows Live login screen. I have ran scans with Onyx, and iAntivirus, and they have found nothing wrong. Could it be bugs from the browser's end? Or did my machine (late 2007 blackbook) be infected with something. (No I did not use the word Virus) This is really starting to get aggravating.

I asked someone from Adium, and he said I may have downloaded malware, or a virus, which I highly find doubtful. If in fact I did such, is there a way I can remove whatever is making my machine act funny?

Thanks for your time

2. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

If it is a virus, then just delete the suspect and Secure Empty Trash

3. kolax macrumors G3

Go to System Preferences --> Network --> AirPort, click Advanced and look in the DNS tab. Any DNS details in there?

4. SlasherDuff thread starter macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

There are three DNS IP addresses, and search domain is my ISP

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Of the 3 DNS servers you have displayed, how many can you remove? They will either appear as grayed out (unchangeable) or in black. Remove the entry/entries in black, click OK, apply the changes, then try revisiting Facebook.

6. SlasherDuff thread starter macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

How many can I remove?

EDIT: I have removed two that were in black, since the first one was grayed in. I have also restarted the browser. I will report anything strange if I notice anything. Thanks

EDIT: So far everything is behaving itself. So I guess the problem is gone. Thanks so much for everyone's help.