Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Have you restarted? Do the regular arrow keys work? Have you tried restoring the default keyboard shortcuts in the Keyboard & Mouse pane of System Preferences? :)

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
I have restarted both my mac and Safari, all shortcuts are defaulted. What can I do?

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
I have noticed that on some sites I have to click on the page before Home and End work. I don't know why this is so but you could give it a try. Do the Page keys not work anywhere in Safari?

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
Nope, not working on any sites or even in text files if I open them in Safari - it's a Safari problem - anyway of reinstalling Safari?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, Pacifist should allow you to reinstall Safari from the OSX discs. Alternatively, you could reinstall the latest combo update for your machine. Depending on what sort of iMac you have and what OS you're running, I can provide you with a link. :)

jive

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Scotland
I have now updated to 10.4.9 and reinstalled safari... It's still not working for me. It did for a few seconds then died. I really want to use Safari, I prefer the way it handles pages and text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.