Why are my reminders showing up in Outlook/Exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jader201, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jader201 macrumors newbie

I use reminders on my phone for personal stuff -- I don't want them on Exchange. I thought this was connected to:

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Reminders > Default List

But I have this set to iCloud > Reminders (instead of Work > Tasks), and it's still syncing with Exchange. I just deleted a task from Exchange, and sure enough, it removed it from my phone too.

How can I keep reminders just on my phone?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

So when you added the item to the Reminders.app, you added it to the "Reminders" list and not the "Tasks" list, right? Just want to be sure before further troubleshooting.

3. jader201 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that was my problem. I didn't even realize there were two different lists.

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Great, glad that's all set.

You can also create additional lists and even share them with others. My wife and I have a "Shopping" list that we share where I can add an item and she'll see it on her phone and vice versa. It's quite a handy little app.

5. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

how do you do that?

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

To share a Reminders list, you have to log in to iCloud.com and go to the Calendar where you should see your lists on the left hand side, then tap on the "Share Reminders" button (see attached image below), and then enter the iCloud ID of the person with whom you want to share the list.

Attached Files:

7. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

cool! thanks.