Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I have a 2018 13" MBP, and two 12" 2017 MacBooks. One is for home and the other is for work. On my other two Macs and my iMac whenever I pin tabs it shows the icons that I have pinned. For whatever reason on the 12" work MB that I just purchased my tabs are greyed/blacked out where I can't see them I don't have this issue on any other machines and I can see everything else perfectly fine on safari on this Mac. I have played with the settings and cannot figure out anyway to fix this I have even tried unpinning the tabs and pinning them back, again. Does anyone have any ideas?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
hmm....
When you drag a normal tab to the left side of the tab bar, it will pin (and shrinks), and would show either the web site icon, or an initial.
You said the icon does not appear. Do you get an initial instead?
If you don't get either - what does happen to the tab when you drag it to the left end? Does it shrink?
If you make a NEW tab, does that new tab work as you expect?
Last question - do you use iCloud to sync Safari between your Macs? (Are you logged in to your own iCloud account on all your Macs?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.