Why are my sent messages "dull"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eskimochaos, Aug 4, 2010.

1. eskimochaos macrumors newbie

Started last night after I installed bitesms. Uninstalled it since then as I dont really like it.

Also recently installed Lockinfo.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Messages sent through BiteSMS appear dull and greyed out in the default messaging app. You shouldn't have problems with mesaages sent through the default app now that you've removed BiteSMS

3. eskimochaos thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I noticed they changed when I installed it; however, even after hard reset after I deleted bitesms they are still "dull"

4. bobab8ey macrumors member

lol, I misunderstood the title and was gonna suggest writing about more interesting stuff!

5. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Is this possibly the way bitesms integrates into the existing message database?
    I'd recommend restoring after you've removed bitesms and see if that helps.

If not, I think you'd have to do a full restore.

6. illutionz macrumors 65816

I have similar problem yesterday with my home screen having grey color font instead of white. I uninstalled Winterboard and it solved the problem.

This is probably unrelated but I figure I'll throw it out there...

7. AppleSmack macrumors regular

I'd suggest doing things that are really exciting and telling the other person about them. You can make things up if you're stuck, but eventually they'll see through that.
    Also, use adjectives and be descriptive.

Avoid texting about shopping, what you're wearing, what you're watching on TV. Twitter was invented to provide an outlet for such messages.

:p

8. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Even the ones sent through the default messaging app after removing BiteSMS? I would suggest a restore. It's kind of a pain but goes with the JB territory.

9. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Had the same "issue" when I first installed winterboard. There is a theme option (Settings - Winterboard - Select Themes - White Icon Labels) that needs to be checked in order to not have the gray text.

Hope this helps.