Why are my sent messages "dull"

eskimochaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Started last night after I installed bitesms. Uninstalled it since then as I dont really like it.

Also recently installed Lockinfo.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX
Messages sent through BiteSMS appear dull and greyed out in the default messaging app. You shouldn't have problems with mesaages sent through the default app now that you've removed BiteSMS

Comment

eskimochaos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Messages sent through BiteSMS appear dull and greyed out in the default messaging app. You shouldn't have problems with mesaages sent through the default app now that you've removed BiteSMS
Yea I noticed they changed when I installed it; however, even after hard reset after I deleted bitesms they are still "dull"

Comment

bobab8ey

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
lol, I misunderstood the title and was gonna suggest writing about more interesting stuff!

Comment

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Is this possibly the way bitesms integrates into the existing message database?
I'd recommend restoring after you've removed bitesms and see if that helps.

If not, I think you'd have to do a full restore.

Comment

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I have similar problem yesterday with my home screen having grey color font instead of white. I uninstalled Winterboard and it solved the problem.

This is probably unrelated but I figure I'll throw it out there...

Comment

AppleSmack

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I'd suggest doing things that are really exciting and telling the other person about them. You can make things up if you're stuck, but eventually they'll see through that.
Also, use adjectives and be descriptive.

Avoid texting about shopping, what you're wearing, what you're watching on TV. Twitter was invented to provide an outlet for such messages.

:p

Comment

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX
Yea I noticed they changed when I installed it; however, even after hard reset after I deleted bitesms they are still "dull"
Even the ones sent through the default messaging app after removing BiteSMS? I would suggest a restore. It's kind of a pain but goes with the JB territory.

Comment

anonymous6237

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Plano, TX
I have similar problem yesterday with my home screen having grey color font instead of white. I uninstalled Winterboard and it solved the problem.

This is probably unrelated but I figure I'll throw it out there...
Had the same "issue" when I first installed winterboard. There is a theme option (Settings - Winterboard - Select Themes - White Icon Labels) that needs to be checked in order to not have the gray text.

Hope this helps.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.