Why are my settings changing on me?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by srocks, Apr 27, 2010.

1. srocks macrumors newbie

This might be a dumb question, but I have a Nikon D300 and I like to use the Manual setting but after every shot my shutter settings change. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I have looked through the User's Manual but I can't find anything! Please Help!
    Thanks
    Sarah

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Try editing the title so that the Nikon users catch it. Something like

"Nikon D300: Exposure Settings Change After Manual Shots"

I have a Canon, but I have seen problems like this posted by a Pentax user. It's a simple fix, if I recall. And I don't...

Dale

Edit: It will help if you contribute more. When you have a post count above 5 you have more control and can send Private Messages.

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

your aperture, ISO and shutter speeds change automatically when on full manual, or just the shutter speed? Or is it the metering that changes? Hopefully you mean that..

only thing i can think of is maybe you are actually on AV mode or TV mode, etc and think it is set to manual? You try to clear the settings via the menu?

4. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

What are these shutter settings? Do you mean that your shutter speed setting is changing? What is it changing to, increasing or decreasing? The most likely cause is that you are flicking the dial and changing that setting.

Or do you mean that other things are changing, such as the frame rate?