Why are only Admins allowed to post in the Music Discussion?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AppleGuy08, Jul 10, 2007.

1. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

I just dont understand why regular members like myself cant post a new thread in the music discussion. I think that if you have 100+ posts you are obviously not a spammer or little dumb kid that only wants to cause trouble. I dont have time to make thousands of posts to become an admin, but i would like to be able to post my thought about a new song from time to time. Can anyone tell me why this is? Thanks.

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Have you been unsuccessful with trying to post a new thread in there? Try contacting a Mod about it. I'm not aware of a restriction to be able to post threads in Music Discussion. :confused:

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Do you mean this sub-forum, Music Discussion? If so, you shouldn't have any problems accessing, posting, or creating new threads. Hmm...

If you mean the DailyTunes Song Discussion sub-forum, that's in the news portion of the forum and is really meant for an admin to post an article of sorts, and after that initial post, members are invited to post.

You can submit songs to be considered as Songs of the Day. Check out DailyTunes.com and more specifically, the intro page and the FAQ's. :p

5. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

yah i can post replies to everything just fine, but as devilot said above me, i meant the dailytunes discussion, sorry for the mis-titled thread. I guess i can understand the whole news section thing, but i still think there may be some members that could add some great things to the daily tunes discussion, its just too bad that they have to be admins to post there. But its all good, if i want to post bad enough ill just do it somewhere else. Thanks for the replies.

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Actually, although I never have done so, I think songs submitted at http://www.dailytunes.com/ will show up there as a thread, and that any member can recommend them.

Not sure, though.

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Isn't that what I mentioned? :p

Well, I'll mention again: anyone can post in one of those threads-- just can't start it.

And there are plenty of threads that talk about albums or artists in the Music Discussion forum. :)

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, yeah, but:
    sort of implies admins start the threads in the DailyTunes Song Discussion, whereas I think they're automatically created when songs are submitted at DailyTunes, so anyone can start one. I think. By submitting a song at DailyTunes. Of course, I don't know, and I'm afraid to try it by submitting my Air Supply favorites for fear of getting mocked.

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Methinks this from the FAQ might be relevant? :eek:

And it says later on that page that it takes time for songs to be approved or whatnot.

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Awww. I love how you go the extra mile to find out the facts, whereas I just guess. ;)

This explains why none of my Zamfir pan flute suggestions ever made it... just never got randomly chosen.

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

My understanding is that the thread is created the instant someone submits the song to DailyTunes (or at least as soon as it is approved, which happens within a day). The Song of the Day feature is separate, and it may be years before a submitted song pops up as a Song of the Day. The date of the original post on the song's thread will reflect that.

12. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Your understanding is correct. Threads in that forum are created automatically when submitted songs are approved.