Why are other touch screen phones so slow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Sep 18, 2017.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68020

When I try Android phone you feel your really pressing and touching a screen where as Apple iPhones you feel more comfertable than old keypad phones.

I've found this since the days of the 3GS. The screen is always lighter and more responsive.

Anybody else find this?

2. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

I guess its because hardware and software companies are not same. Have you tried Pixel its from Google, is it also laggy?

3. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

Maybe you don't purchase high end Android phones. Surely they are not slow or laggy.

4. Phasism Suspended

Nope not these days

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Its inevitable when you have one company making the hardware and another doing the software for the device. Kind of like Windows. They'll probably never be able to get quite as smooth and responsive as iOS.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I love my iPhone 7 Plus, but I have an older Android, the OnePlus One, and its touch screen seems just as sensitive as the one on my iPhone. You're not using a Blackberry Storm, are you?

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I find a lot of the touchscreens to be very similar in reaction. I guess I really don't know what to define as not as responsive.

8. bounce08 macrumors member

Oh gawd I remember the Storm. It had that weird clicky touch screen. Truly terrible phone looking back, but seemed innovative when it was released.

9. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68040

NovemberWhiskey

Definitely true back in the day. Android even addressed the lag with "project butter" only a few years ago. Little did they realize the failure in having to have such. A project.

Anyone that didn't flash roms has no idea the amount of work by third party debts to make android smooth.

These days they seem to be fine.

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I haven't really met a phone touch screen that I didn't like.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    I have to admit that flashing ROMs is fun. Educational, too.

11. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Predominantly cheap underpowered android phones are the most sold. If you put a comparable flagship iOS device next to a comparable Android device the differences are minimal.

12. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

13. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I have noticed this also. I don't know if it is necessarily the screen as most phone screens are very similar these days, but I think it could be the way Android does it's animations. It does seem to react slower to most touches.