Why are people acting so strangely over watch notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shenfrey, Apr 18, 2015.

1. shenfrey, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

shenfrey macrumors 68000

All the reviews I have seen so far, there are people complaining that the watch is too much of a distraction, and interrupts what they are doing.

Heres an idea, as crazy as this may sound, ignore the damn notification until you have finished what your doing! If its not a problem with your damn phone going off all the time, it shouldn't be a problem for your watch. All these demonstrations of people in meetings or chatting with friends, then their watch goes off and they just completely zone out. So ignorant.

Sorry, this is my rant but it pees me off to see the naivety of some people and their complete lack of will power. So much so that they let it affect their review and score of such products.

Anyway I am sure I am in the minority here, so flame away.

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I've had a pebble for the past 2 years, and I like having notifications on my wrist.

It's not a distraction, if anything it's *less* of a distraction, as I don't have to get my phone out to check a notification.

3. H3rman macrumors 6502

I think the difference is that with a phone in your pocket you can just ignore it noise it makes and continue. However with the phone on your desk infront of you or with the watch on your wrist when it lights up you just tend to glance at it and see what the notification is. Which can be distracting if you get lots of them.

For me personally I just want to get text, WhatsApp, Viber and Facebook Messenger notifications to my watch. Anything else will be turned off as I don't need the watch telling me I've been tagged in xxx pic. That's something I would rather look at later.

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I cut down which apps give me notifications on my phone, and I'll have to do the same with my watch, which I'm prepared to do. I get text and iMessages, emails from VIPs, Deliveries, and my financial apps. Everything else can wait.

Might be a distraction if you have hundreds of apps, and they all have notifications enabled. But as long as you pick and choose the important ones, it will be fine.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Edit: Go Advanced

6. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

You hero