Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I can't see why people complain about apple's costumer service!!

I haven't had a problem:

-Macbook CD 1.83GHz : Arrived within a week
-Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz: Arrived in five days
-Macbook AC Adaptor: Arrived in 2 days
-Macbook Battery: Arrived the day after
-iLife '08: Arrived the day after

In terms of helpline, still no problem:

- I was five days past my warranty and they shipped a replacement for my Charger.

- Apple stores have been very helpful in many ways in the past.

You see I don't have a problem at all,

I feel sorry for you guys that do.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Well, when they agree to take care of a problem, they have the best service in the world.

But, when they refuse to admit that a problem exists, or if it's one that they refuse to fix, then they become the company with the worst customer service in the world.

I've experienced both from Apple. And, while it is great when they fix a problem, it is absolutely the worst experience in the world when they don't.

And, when they deny you, it's often as useful as talking to your wall when you try to appeal to them and their supervisors.

The best service I've gotten from Apple has been with the local service centers which are not owned by Apple. Usually, they can resolve problems for me that Apple will deny repairs on when contacted directly.

It's like anything else. It's the best in the world until you have a problem.

I've had more issues with Apple than I've ever had with any single other company out there. But, yes, they do have stellar service if they happen to agree with you and decide to fix the problem.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i've only had great service with apple for the last 2.5 years. and i've had my share of macs in that time period:

mac mini G4
15" powerbook G4
Intel iMac CD
Macbook CD
Macbook Pro C2D
Mac Pro

CashGap

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Music City, USA
Keep in mind that forums aren't statistical samples of user experiences.

Also keep in mind that "bad" postings go to ten pages, while "good" postings have two posts:

Positive Post

"I've had my iBook for three years and it sure is great."

"Shutup fanboi.
-------------------------------------------
Is your wireless keyboard discoloured? Apple denies the problem. Sign my petition at www.YellowKeyboardsAintMellow-TakeBackYourDesk-WhatWouldWozDo.com"
Negative Post

"My MBP screen cracked while sitting on my desk and my roommate swears he didn't bounce his basketball on it, the marks were there all along. I went in to the Apple store and put basketball stickers on all the screens to symbolize my loss and the manager threw me out! What should I do?"

"That is so bogus, they should take care of you. Email sjobs@apple.com repeatedly, show them Apple can't treat people like this. They are worse than IBM was and look what happened to them."

Plus about eight more pages restating every MBP flaw ever to occur in nature.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Ok so maybe I overdid it... but all I'm saying is that aren't people exaggerating? Either that or their overreacting

no, people are always angry when their product breaks, its human natural, nothing wrong with that.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
They need to complain to decompress or they will have a meltdown and take a gun to work.

So it is either shoot some electrons, or people...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
he does have a point.

not many people come here saying how good apple or their product is. but if they have a problem.....watch out

That's not true. I've seem people praise the new iPhone, or iPods.

But, you can't spend $400 for a phone or iPod and then your screen totally sucks and just decide to "live with it".

That's something a company like Dell expects us to do...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
People have every right to complain if they have paid good money for a product and they experience issues with it - and further to this, if the service they receive is unacceptable. It's all in how they go about conveying it though in terms of level of maturity, civility and understanding.

In general, there is nothing wrong with complaining though. It helps prospective buyers as well since it acts as a potential warning for them. For instance, some people may be holding off buying a new iMac until the freezing issue is addressed at the end of the month. If people hadn't complained about it (and in this case, Apple acknowledged it as well) then people wouldn't have been aware and made a purchase they may have regretted or which would have at least disappointed them when they experienced the same thing.

Likewise, if consumers have experienced bad service as a result of problems like this, the public has a right to know and many people appreciate it.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
That's not true. I've seem people praise the new iPhone, or iPods.

But, you can't spend $400 for a phone or iPod and then your screen totally sucks and just decide to "live with it".

That's something a company like Dell expects us to do...

yes, some people may say good things around here, but not many people. which is what i said

People have every right to complain if they have paid good money for a product and they experience issues with it - and further to this, if the service they receive is unacceptable. It's all in how they go about conveying it though in terms of level of maturity, civility and understanding.

In general, there is nothing wrong with complaining though. It helps prospective buyers as well since it acts as a potential warning for them. For instance, some people may be holding off buying a new iMac until the freezing issue is addressed at the end of the month. If people hadn't complained about it (and in this case, Apple acknowledged it as well) then people wouldn't have been aware and made a purchase they may have regretted or which would have at least disappointed them when they experienced the same thing.

Likewise, if consumers have experienced bad service as a result of problems like this, the public has a right to know and many people appreciate it.

you are correct, but there are two sides to this coin. the point is that not many people show the other side (at least, i think it's the point here)

Retired
May 16, 2006
Apple's service is so inconsistent...they treated me badly when I had no less than 6 Macbook faults (until on the 7th they upgraded me to a C2D) but were wonderful with my 3G iPod :)

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I can't see why people complain about apple's costumer service!!

I haven't had a problem:

-Macbook CD 1.83GHz : Arrived within a week
-Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz: Arrived in five days
-Macbook AC Adaptor: Arrived in 2 days
-Macbook Battery: Arrived the day after
-iLife '08: Arrived the day after

In terms of helpline, still no problem:

- I was five days past my warranty and they shipped a replacement for my Charger.

- Apple stores have been very helpful in many ways in the past.

You see I don't have a problem at all,

I feel sorry for you guys that do.

- Macbook Pro's: 1 week
- Pro's: 1-2 weeks
- Macbook Pro PSU: 1 week
- Macbook Pro battery: Visit store (4 hours out of my time for travelling, plus additional charge for Procare and I couldn't book on the next day) for exchange

- Dell XPS M1330: Next-day on-site repair
- Dell XPS M1710: Next-day on-site repair for user-caused accidental damage covered under Completecare
- Dell XPS 710H2C: Next-day on-site repair
- Dell Precision 490: Same-day on-site repair
- Dell Latitude power supply: Next day cross-shipping

It's all about relative expectations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.