Why are so many people excited about Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by FooArk, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

People with the GM are saying its buggy.

Now when its released this forum will just be full of complaints. SL is the Gold Standard guys. No need to move on...

2. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Ever?

A new OS is fun for geeks. End of story.

3. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Most people say the GM is pretty solid. Of course there are bugs, there always will be. I don't think you can judge how stable it is based on a few forum posters.

4. PeterHolbrook macrumors 6502a

Some people "reasoned" the same way when System 8 came out. The same thing happened with System 9, OS X, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 and, naturally, 10.6. Geniuses.

5. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Seems like you've already made up your mind... :)

Pity.. I like the Lion... the Platinum Standard :)

6. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Took me 6 mons to go from leopard to sl....lol.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

To get that sedated, drugged feeling that takes away your ability for rational thought.

8. rxtiger macrumors member

I plan on purchasing a new BTO iMac, so at this point I have just decided to wait until Lion is released so that it is pre-installed. I realize I can get it for free with the up to date program, but we are so close I thought I would wait. It is getting harder though!!!

9. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

If you need a computer just buy it. As you already said, you will get Lion for free. For some time after release, new iMacs that you buy will simply have a Lion upgrade disc (or possibly App Store redemption code) slipped into the box. It will take a bit before they are shipped from the factory with 10.7 preinstalled and those units get to store shelves.

10. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

Its a new OS. Its going to be buggy for awhile. People are going to complain, whether the system is extremely buggy or just a little bit buggy. Its new. They'll need to work out the kinks and minor issues for awhile even after its released. Its not going to come out golden.

If you dont want Lion then down DL it. I'm a dork, I get excited over updates like this. Theres always a need to move on, and there are always ways to better something - even if its known as the "best"... unless you want to be stuck.

11. 7even macrumors 6502a

Because it's new. Don't like it? Don't install it, and don't complain about people wanting it :cool: