Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
People with the GM are saying its buggy.

Now when its released this forum will just be full of complaints. SL is the Gold Standard guys. No need to move on...

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Most people say the GM is pretty solid. Of course there are bugs, there always will be. I don't think you can judge how stable it is based on a few forum posters.

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009

Now when its released this forum will just be full of complaints. SL is the Gold Standard guys. No need to move on...

Some people "reasoned" the same way when System 8 came out. The same thing happened with System 9, OS X, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 and, naturally, 10.6. Geniuses.

rxtiger

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
I plan on purchasing a new BTO iMac, so at this point I have just decided to wait until Lion is released so that it is pre-installed. I realize I can get it for free with the up to date program, but we are so close I thought I would wait. It is getting harder though!!!

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
I plan on purchasing a new BTO iMac, so at this point I have just decided to wait until Lion is released so that it is pre-installed. I realize I can get it for free with the up to date program, but we are so close I thought I would wait. It is getting harder though!!!

If you need a computer just buy it. As you already said, you will get Lion for free. For some time after release, new iMacs that you buy will simply have a Lion upgrade disc (or possibly App Store redemption code) slipped into the box. It will take a bit before they are shipped from the factory with 10.7 preinstalled and those units get to store shelves.

DreamscapeRuins

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
Inside your mind

Its a new OS. Its going to be buggy for awhile. People are going to complain, whether the system is extremely buggy or just a little bit buggy. Its new. They'll need to work out the kinks and minor issues for awhile even after its released. Its not going to come out golden.

If you dont want Lion then down DL it. I'm a dork, I get excited over updates like this. Theres always a need to move on, and there are always ways to better something - even if its known as the "best"... unless you want to be stuck.

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Because it's new. Don't like it? Don't install it, and don't complain about people wanting it :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.