Why are some apps crashing on launch in iOS 7 Beta 4?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rahul247rocks, Aug 3, 2013.

1. rahul247rocks macrumors member

rahul247rocks

Hi guys,

I am using the latest iOS 7 beta 4 on my iPad 3rd generation and it seems that some apps are just crashing on launch. Is it because their code is not compatible with iOS 7 or is it some other reason.

example: Pacman Dash

Please let me know

Thanks,
    Rahul

2. carlos mara macrumors newbie

Yes! Some Apps still uncompatible with iOS7 remeber is a beta, when apple launch the Golden Master all apps will be upgrade!

3. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

It's mainly to do with Autolayout changes from what I have seen. In iOS 7 there have been changes to how Autolayout calculates.

An example is a UITextView with constraints on all sides plus either a width or height constraint. In iOS 6 it will break one of the constraints and continue the layout. In iOS 7 it will cause an exception - i think this will be changed in GM to just continue - its mainly to highlight to the devs to code it properly in the first place rather than relying on breaking of constraints.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If an app doesn't specifically say it's compatible with iOS Anything then there is a good chance it won't run.

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You are running apps compiled for a previous iteration of the OS.

BETA

The exact specific reason is both irrelevant and unknown because the devs are different.