Carrier Why are some Apt.s needing so many updates?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitalcuriosity, Aug 7, 2015.

1. digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

I have noticed that some Apt.s on Apple iPads keep needing updates often,but i don't see them being asked to update on my iPhone? or my computers.
    Example I have Google Maps on iPads and iPhone, I have noticed it needing an update almost every Month. I have many same Apt.s on my computers and don't find them being updated.
    I don't remember ever being asked to update an Apt. on my iPhone. When do they get updated? Maybe i am missing something.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

I assume you mean "Apps". If that's the case, you probably have automatic updates enabled on your phone, but not on your iPad.
    See this Apple page for detail: https://support.apple.com/HT202180

3. digitalcuriosity thread starter macrumors regular

Yes Apps. and Thanks for the reply.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have no problem with apps updating but you got to wonder why a simple flashlight apps needs updating..... Glad Apple just included with the 6. I think some of these apps are adding or updating the ads you have to look at to use the app. I usually delete these quickly!

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I noticed this as well. I went to the App Store to search for an app, and I was alerted to 48 app updates. I'm usually on wifi so they update automatically but it was interesting to see that many apps needing to be updated.